Delete/Edit posts

You can't delete posts - no one but mods have been able to do that since I can remember. It's usually not a good idea to delete stuff, even after it's no longer relevant. We can lock them for you, though. (I'm guessing this is about the items you're selling?)

I think there's a time period after a post is made in which you can edit them and after that time has passed it is no longer possible. I don't understand that one myself. It has to do with people posting inflammatory things and then changing them afterwards which hasn't happened around here in several years.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

If you want, just post that it's sold and tell me which post it is and I'll lock it.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Aye, as a rule we try not to delete anything - we've lost some fun stuff due to over zealous tidying. Moderators have editing abilities, can split up conversation threads and even move or hide posts when the need arises.

In any case, editing restrictions have been increased to 2 hours. Unless someone posts a reply, edits can be made up to 2 hours after your original post before the content is locked down.

However, we do accept requests for name changes, post edits and deletes - most requests have been honored.