Redoing the Pedersoli Queen Anne

MadMike

Just ordered a Pedersoli Queen Anne pistol, had one many years ago but since parted with it. This time I plan to rework the pistol and perhaps have a machine shop make a screw off barrel. Gentlemen of Fortune (GoF) has some great pic's on his website of QA pistols.
According to an e-mail response from Loyalist Arms, the price of the QA kit may be going up (significantly). With that in mind I ordered the kit from Dixie Gun Works, the cheapest I could find on the net at $350 + $16.95 S&H.

Will keep ye crew updated on my progress.

Yours, &c.

Mike

Try these for starters- "A General History of the Pyrates" edited by Manuel Schonhorn, "Captured by Pirates" by John Richard Stephens, and "The Buccaneers of America" by Alexander Exquemelin.

Interesting...... I don't see a whole lot of value in the converting of it to an actual screw-off barrel if you are only using it to fire blank loads. It would be a pretty expensive proposition. What other rework did you have in mind for the pistol ?

I plan to make the Pedersoli a working screw off. There is one pirate sutler who sells screw offs, but they are too high priced in my humble opinion.

Plan to visit a machine shop and have new screw off barrels made (my design), one of brass, the other of steel. Not going to touch the original barrel in any way, other than to redo the shape of the muzzle.

A new butt cap of cast pewter, and to replace the sideplate. Either cast, or one from TOTW or TRS.

A new trigger to match period examples.

Work on the stock to add some finials, thumbpieces, etc.

Yours, &c.

Mike

Try these for starters- "A General History of the Pyrates" edited by Manuel Schonhorn, "Captured by Pirates" by John Richard Stephens, and "The Buccaneers of America" by Alexander Exquemelin.