Recent Postings on Mac, iMac & iPhone

jendobyns

Alright, do we seem to be working

Not seeing any new topics (the lazy person's short cut--that would be mine!) Looks like there haven't been any new conversations in the last two weeks, and I know that isn't right. Or is it? Hopefully when I go back and check, this will pop up. We'll see!

Thanks. For what it's worth, still not getting anything on the MacBook. It's an older version, about 3 years old, maybe. The iPad is working. Will double check the phone, it's a Samsung.

Yep, it seems to be working on the phone,too. So just the older MacBook doesn't like the changes. Sigh.

The update seems to have changed the way the Pub reads URL redirects - I edited the link.

I wonder if it feeds me a different URL because I'm on a PC or Android - it shouldn't. Have you tried the "View New Content" link under the logo at the top?

Interesting. Thanks for doing all this work. And for creating another spot for Mac users since we have a different set of technical problems. I'm sure some of the PC folks would rather not have to suffer through that *G*

And in another episode of strange computer things, I got the notification of your last message at the same time I got the one from the 21st. And others not at all. Seems like whatever you did is making things work again with that aspect as well.

Don't you just hate it when updates scramble everything so nothing works?

Wasn't able to wrangle my tech expert here at home last night, other priorities. But I'll try to sit down with him tonight.

Layout issues can affect the site in more ways than just how it looks. So much gets done automatically during upgrade - I sometimes miss the other hoops I need to jump through for the non-generic aspects of the site.

I've edited some code, converted and updated the Pub skin and layout, cleared and cached the site. You've mentioned that some things are ( kind of ) working now.

Can you give me a list of what is and what isn't working for you now.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, well it appears I may be the only one having problems here? Sent a PM about the newest quirk. Nothing has changed about how I can/can't see new posts. But I can see and reply if I do separate steps. If I go in an read without signing in, then sign in from the page I'm reading, I can reply to posts. But if I try to go back to new posts when I'm signed in, they disappear. Weird.

Not gonna fuss with this right now. WIll experiment with the iPad later to see what happens. Stuff to do.