Netflix Pirate themed movies

Jib

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just watched a little gem on Netflix. Not pirate themed but set in the same time line. Check out "The Day of the Siege". The invasion of eastern Europe by the Ottoman Empire! Very exciting!

Thanks for posting this list. I'm in the mood for a good pirate film and this was helpful. I'll see how Raiders of the Seven Seas is. One small update. Netflix now has Muppet Treasure Island. The shows is absolutely ridiculous as Muppet movies are but I find it fun. I hadn't watched it since I was a kid and now that I've been into building ships I noticed how ridiculous the masts rake on the ship is. They must have had fun building the model they used.

It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... is freedom. - Captain Jack Sparrow

www.siemensbottlingco.blogspot.com

• 4 weeks later...

LOL, it was the 1984 version that said it was rated PG!!! I actually finished it yesterday and it was good but by no means PG!!! guy getting killed with a rock to the head, guy with bloody back getting horribly flogged while hundreds of topless Tahitians slice their heads open with sea shells, all kinds of cazy stuff!! I have been looking for the brando version with out any luck, oh well at least I have the book!

Jake - If you're not already using it, check out the "Parents Guide" for individual film titles at the Internet Movie Database.

(They're currently located on the right side of a movie's main page in the "Quick Links" section.)

Not all films there have a Parents Guide but many do and these provide hints as to what to expect in a feature. The missus and I use 'em regularly.

ie. The Bounty (1984)...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086993/parentalguide?ref_=tt_ql_7

• 5 months later...

Just noticed that "Perfume" is on Netflix. This film is a little outside the GAOP but very well done. The scenes in Paris on the filthy streets are amazing! Well worth a watch!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...