While it's been my privilege to host this fine piece the last few years, it is time it move on to a new home.

The hilt was cast from an impression of an original, blade by E.B. Erickson. See discussion here: https://pyracy.com/index.php?/topic/15782-fantastic-gargoyle-head-hanger-for-sale/?hl=gargoyle

Serious inquiries only, please.

Edited by Quartermaster James

• 1 month later...

Folks, I'm moving to Alaska in a few weeks. And I was hoping this hanger would have a new home before then.

I am getting out of the hobby, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime piece. If it doesn't have a new home before I leave, I doubt I'll ever offer it for sale again.

So, if you're interested in it don't put off contacting me.

Whereabouts in Alaska? If our paths cross somewhere in southeast Alaska, we could throw back a few homebrews or a bit o' rum. Good luck selling that hanger. I'd be tempted for sure if I had the cash, but I don't ever seem to with a new kid, boat, house, and did I mention the boat and money eating poop machine? Besides, there really isn't a pirate reenactment crowd up here (unfortunately). If you're moving to Juneau, we could start one. Or at least sit back with rum and homebrew while talking boats and history enough to drive my wife out of the room. It's happened before ;)

Good luck on the move!

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Plenty of good homebrewers in Anchorage too, if you need a new hobby. And, if you need an excuse to meet up sometime, I often sail my boat up to Haines for the Great Alaskan Beer Festival (and homebrew competition, which I have entered and judged in a number of times-not judging the categories I entered, of course). Enjoy Anchorage and watch out for those moose. They're more dangerous than bears if you're not careful!

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg