Greetings, me hearties!!!

GryffinSong

I'm an artist, am completely new to piracy, and am very excited by it. I've been playing fantasy roleplaying games for decades, in recent years have played in the Adrian Empire and the SCA, and this year have started vending my artwork at renaissance festivals, so I'm somewhat familiar with medieval/renaissance stuff. My pirate interest was really piqued a couple of week's ago when the Virginia Renaissance Faire had a pirate's weekend. I managed to get a pair of appropriate linen pants, a scarf, some beads and a few other things, and looked ok. But oh, my ... some of the guys out there were truly rockin' it!!! I spent the whole weekend grinning like an idiot ... so much FUN!!!

So, here I am. I'm applying to vend at a pirate's festival, and am a guest vendor on pirate's weekend at the Maryland renaissance festival, so I need garb, and lots of it. ;) I've just ordered a wool felt hat blank to make a tricorn, and need to figure out a new shirt and other garby things. I've already been perusing some of the garb discussions here and am happy to learn more and more as I go along.

I look forward to learning, laughing, and raising a cup o' rum with you all!

Welcome aboard Gryffin. Smooth sailing to ye in your new found interests.

Too bad ye missed the Hampton Va. Blackbeard Fest... the whole town goes pirate. ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney