Looking for a Queen Anne Pistol

D.man

Years ago I bought the Pedersoli Queen Anne kit from Dixie Gun Works, not impressed with it. Dixie's prices are also astronomical.

You may wish to contact Loyalist Arms and Repairs in Canada, have always had great service from them.

Yours, &c.

Mike

Try these for starters- "A General History of the Pyrates" edited by Manuel Schonhorn, "Captured by Pirates" by John Richard Stephens, and "The Buccaneers of America" by Alexander Exquemelin.

There was a guy from the UK that was selling the Pedersoli-style QAs a while back that posted in the Thieves' Market on this site.

One of the Rev War Charleville pistols are probably the closest/easiest to find, not saying it's actually easy to find them anymore, but they are post-GAOP and, for me, bigger and heavier than I want to carry all day. But they are way cool, and actually have an internal lock, not just a shortened wood stock with a regular face-plate lock like the Pedersolis have. Boxlock boot pistols are pretty easy to find, but most of them are later period too. Commodore Swab had some way-cool boxish-lock bronze pistols he was selling a while back too.

aye-

There are several vendors that offer pistols that are GAOP appropriate (or can be altered so). Check out Middlesex Village Trading Company (compare prices with Loyalist Arms and Repairs).

Early Sea Service types to back to at least 1720, an example is pictured in "Boarders Away, Vol. II", p. 245. I believe I found a picture of an earlier specimen from 1712, will look through my files.
I've altered my Prussian and doglock using a belt sander to remove a lot of wood, and making the butt more bulbous.
Never thought about altering my Charleville pistol into a Queen Anne style, interesting...

Period examples are on Gentleman of Fortune's page-

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/arms.htm

Try these for starters- "A General History of the Pyrates" edited by Manuel Schonhorn, "Captured by Pirates" by John Richard Stephens, and "The Buccaneers of America" by Alexander Exquemelin.

• 4 weeks later...