Pirate themed historical fiction needs your help!

Jib

One Eyed Trollop
Golden Age of Piracy
Island of Bermuda, St. George 1713
Part 1 of 3

Riet is the last person you thought you would encounter in the taproom of “The Frog and Onion” tavern. She looks the same, tall, blonde, beautiful with a thick Dutch accent and missing her right eye. A well known spy, harlot and poisoner. One-eye Riet’s first husband was a Lutheran Pastor from Copenhagen she made a cuckold with the entire parish. Her second husband was a Spanish Pirate Chief she turned over to the French governor of St. Kitts. Last you had heard Riet had pleaded her belly to avoid hanging in the colony of Charles Towne after being caught selling strategic information to the French. You have never trusted One-eye Riet and watch her cautiously as she makes her way toward you.

Riet boldly sits down next to you with a glass of claret and lights a long stemmed pipe from the taper at you table. You can smell the faint hint of lavender on her lace covered chemise. “Would you like to make some money? I know of a fellow who has an abundance of pearls that just beg to be stolen?” she purrs. What do you do? Help Riet steal the pearls? Attack her? Or just ignore her and call for another tankard of rum?

This is the type of tale I've been sharing at "Jib's Tales of Adventure, Exploration and Debauchery"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jibs-Tales-of-Adventure-Exploration-and-Debauchery/212579662151879

I start telling a story that you finish. I often include a photo that I have tweaked in photoshop to add to the tale. The above tale has three parts. I could use your help and advice to share these tales. What could we do to make these tales more appealing?

Seems te me thar be coin te be earned, and if it be enough me an tha' crew would be innerested. I'll be needin a bit more details before I go trollipin off with some rag tag ruffian crew and thar Harlot of a captain tho. What be the cut and who exactly be the target "fellow"? How much of me own blood and sweat am I be puttin in compared te yer own, and why are ye comin te me fer help instead of one o' tha many others that sail this ere ocean? Layin it straight, I don't trust ye, aint no one does, so lets make tha' clear lass. So, lay on them informations so I can make meself a proper decision.

pick your own story books are not my forte. I always die.

The best part about these stories is that YOU choose the out come. I can paint a bleak tale but you can write yourself out of it. I can state that you are surrounded by one hundred Spanish soldiers all armed to the teeth and ready to kill you. You can write back that one of them recognizes that you saved his life and helps you escape to freedom!

At the very least check out my bad photoshop rendered images!

I love it. I play in it.

I like being a smart-arse.

Wish more people would play!

Jib, you are brilliant!

Thanks for the lovely words (blush).

I wish more people would play along too! I wonder what I'm doing wrong? The stories are researched and at least founded in history (except the Steampunk tales). I've been told people like the images I have created. My goal has been to design stories for everyone (male, female, straight, gay, history focused, light fantasy, old, young, rich, poor, pious, secular).

One Eyed Trollop
Golden Age of Piracy
Island of Bermuda, Flatts Village 1713
Part 2 of 3

One-eye Riet has offered you the chance to help her steal some pearls. If you choose to join her in this endeavor she takes you to hired skiff and tells the boatman to make for Flatts Village. Once you arrive at the tiny fishing village you notice a sloop flying the flags of Portugal. Across the stern you see the ships name, “Sao Miguel”. Riet tells the boatman to silently row his skiff toward the ships anchor chain. She instructs you to climb the anchor chain and she follows. Together you sneak into the hold of the ship and hide yourselves amid the cargo. Riet whispers the ship is bound for Cape Verde and that a passenger on this very ship holds a purse of over thirty white pearls! Her goal is to sneak up on the final night and steal the purse and together with you flee once you reach the township of Praia de Santa Maria. Once ashore at Cape Verde you can split the prize and apart company. Riet gives you a deadly smile after explaining her plans and snuggles in beside you for the voyage. Do you accept her plan or leave?

If you choose to fight Riet she moves quick as a snake while you draw your cutlass. She throws some kind of powder into the candle on your table that makes a hideous plume of green smoke and flees in the confusion. Perhaps next time you’ll get revenge on the she-devil!

If you choose to ignore One-eye Riet and call for another drink you discover it has already been paid for. Riet leaves but not before giving you a pouting smile. As you taste your rum you find it oddly sweet as if sugar was added. As a precaution you dump the beverage upon the tavern floor and leave by the back door. You have never trusted Riet and don’t plan to start!

Part 2

Well I'm quite impressed! Great work!

I will likely check back periodically to see how it's going along. I'm critical enough of my own writing that it would take me wayyyy more time than I have to add into this, though. I'd re-edit it to death.

If you want, as I create some photos to use for my shop, I can share them with you for your story. I'll be playing with period props.

Well I'm quite impressed! Great work!

I will likely check back periodically to see how it's going along. I'm critical enough of my own writing that it would take me wayyyy more time than I have to add into this, though. I'd re-edit it to death.

If you want, as I create some photos to use for my shop, I can share them with you for your story. I'll be playing with period props.

Thanks! I have at least 40 of these tales on the facebook page. Check them out if you like. No need to worry about writing a piece of literature... I make errors frequently. Fun is the goal.

Images from the shop? Yes please! I can always use help with images! I can often dream up a story from just looking at a picture.

One Eyed Trollop

Golden Age of Piracy

Cape Verde islands, Boa Vista 1713

Part 3 of 3

Riet, a notorious whore, spy and mistress of poison has recruited you to help her steal some pearls from a mysterious passenger aboard the Portuguese sloop “Sao Miguel”. She has managed to get you both hidden in the ships hold amid a cargo of what you believe to be Textiles. Perhaps the cargo is for use in the purchase of slaves in West Africa...

If you decide that you have had enough of One-eye Riet and her mischief and attempt to leave you discover that it is impossible to move. Somehow Riet has used some sort of toxin to paralyze you! “It is for your own good.” Riet coos in your ear before making herself very comfortable and intimate with your person.

After a week of hiding and stealing scraps of food and water the ship arrives in a small archipelago you know to be the Cape Verde islands. You have heard that the French sacked all of the Portuguese settlements on the islands last year leaving the population fragmented and fearful. Interestingly you have overheard French spoken from your hiding spot in the cargo hold.

As darkness falls Riet leads you quietly back up on deck. She has drawn a stiletto and she encourages you to have your cutlass ready. Together you sneak into one of the sloops cabins. In the small room illuminated only by the full moon you see the sleeping form of a man. It takes you only a heartbeat to recognize Arsene Dufort, one of Louis XIV of Frances deadliest swordsmen! Arsene is a giant, over seven feet in height with a mane of red gold hair. Riet brought you along to fight should the mighty Frenchman awaken!

Riet seemingly knows where Dufort keeps his purse and removes a red velvet pouch from his justacorps that is casually thrown over a nearby chair. With a grin she signals you it is time to leave and together you slip off the ship and into the warm water. It is a hard swim to the shores of nearby Boa Vista Island and you arrive as the sun comes up.

Once you arrive on the beach you both collapse and rest. One-eye Riet removes the small velvet pouch and counts out thirty pearls. She hands you fifteen and then gets up to dust the sand from her clothes. With a sassy glance over her shoulder she walks off down the shore to the east. You see a few local fishermen to the west setting some nets just off the shore. Puzzled and slightly relieved you walk toward the fishermen. Did you imagine this adventure was going to go so smoothly? What do you do next?

Trying a Viking themed story currently. Feel free to join us at any time!