My son joined the Marines

Been awhile since I dropped by. My son enlisted back in March and was supposed to be on Delayed entry until Sept. 25th. He told his recruiter that if something opened up sooner let him know. He left for boot camp April 15th, and is now well on his way to becoming a full-fledged Marine. Got our first "real" letter from him last week and he seems to have his ass & head wired together about the way things are. He'll make a damn fine marine.

As for me, I'm slowly deteriorating in the spine, nothing I can do about it, just live day-by-day as long as it lasts. Still trying to get out and do ACW events locally. Gotta go.

Bo

Bo,

Sorry to hear you are hurting more these days. I'm glad your Son is doing so well in the Corps. I havent known you anywhere else but on this form, but from what I've seen so far youre a tough ol Bird if He's got your blood in him...... He'll make a damn fine marine.

Bo -

All the best to your boy!

Sorry to hear you're still feeling poorly.

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

the US Marines is an outstanding organizion, though not a marine myself (navy) i supervisied a jet engine repair shop in the Phillipines during the hostage situation in Iran. Half of my crew were marines all good men to have at your back. Good Luck to your MARINE and you also.

• 2 months later...

We got him graduated 12 July 2013 as a PFC. Made it out to the Family Day and Grad ceremony with the family, and thanks to my Sis (who works for Disney) we spent the 13th at the Disney parks. He flew home for 10 days leave, we drove back, broke down at Vail Peak, spent $3500 on transmission repairs, and....

Bo

Heard from my Marine last night, he just completed the 2-week Marine Combat Training portion, (14days with no showers, living in the field, sleeping under the stars, shooting weapons, learning maneuvers, etc.). He's adapted well to his new lifestyle and is looking forward to getting out to "the Fleet" as they say. He will be going to 29 Palms for 0621 Field Radio Operator school once he completes MCT at Camp Pendleton.

Bo

• 2 months later...

PFC Bradshaw is graduating from Field Radio Op. school in 29 Palms Nov. 6th. Next duty station... HAWAII!!! He will be just 30 minutes drive from the Pearl Harbor memorial on Oahu. We are very relieved that he is not going directly into the hotbed of mid-eastern debacles.

Bo

• 3 months later...

Lance Cpl. Bradshaw has been stationed in Hawaii, on the Island of Oahu, Kaneohe Bay about 45 min. from Pearl Harbor since October. They have been to the "big island" for joint artillery/infantry training exercises, going back again through March for some more in preparation for deployment to Okinawa sometime in April through Jan. 2015. Just thought I'd update the pub on his status. So proud of my "little guy" and also concerned for his safe return.

Best wishes all...

Bo.