Working women's stays video

Fox

In response to a debate about the practicality of stays for the working woman in English Civil War circles Mrs F. shot this video. It might be relevant to many here, so I'm reposting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8wwhlnprmE&feature=youtu.be

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Thankee, Foxe

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Oh dear. Someone is questioning that? How silly! Don't they know stays are great working women's back support? Like one of those lumbar support belts? Well your video puts any debate to rest. Great job!

Edited by jendobyns

Sadly, yes it's true. Recently I got involved in a debate with a woman who was absolutely convinced that working women couldn't have worn stays because they are too restrictive. When we finally got to the point that she explained how, in her stays, she had got badly out of breath walking up a hill, the penny dropped. "Ah, you mean yours don't fit..."

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk