Evangola state park Piratefest july 27th and 28th

Jake the SeaSnake

We're having our annual piratefest this year on July 27th and 28th from 11 to 5 we have treasure hunts, magic shows, raids, pirate music (Step in Time anyone?) bounce houses, a creature show, and a privateering class, all family entertainment. Then after 6 we have our Torgola festival, with beer tent and music from bands that play some beach rock and roll, best way to explain it! Then we are currently trying for a drive in movie in the parking lot, that starts at sundown showing a pirate movie or two!

ALL THIS FOR $7 A CAR LOAD!!!!

Hope to see ya thar!! And we would love to have you join us if you want to join our pirate ranks, just show up at 11am to sign articals!(just kidding you don't have to sign anything. We would love to have you)

for more info email tealdragonfly79@yahoo.com

or visit our websight http://evangolapiratefest.com/

Ya might want to let us know what state/city/country the festival is in? I even clicked on the event web site, and it told me less about what it going on than your above post did..... Until I finally did enough digging to find out that this takes place in Evangola State Park, New York State (which is apparently on Lake Erie, so the western-most reaches of the state).....

Not trying to pick on you, but when and WHERE should always be amongst the first few pieces of information you provide regarding and event.... Specially when considering that the visitors here on this forum are scattered all over the country (and some from other countries) and may have no idea where Evangola is.

That said... That is not too, too far from me. Is this event more festival oriented? Or will there be a historical encampment area? July is a slow time of year for me, and I would consider this event if there is something there that appeals to my tastes,

Michael_banner.jpg

AYE mate!! apollogies... Evangola state park is located in western New York off the coast of Lake Erie about 35 miles south of buffalo on route 5. There will be a historical encampment area; our lead guy of that insists on how it's set up as he is a colonial reenactor- yet aournd that is a sort of festival so you might say the best of both worlds!

Can you put me in touch with said guy in charge of tge historical area? Or get him in touch me with me at...

michael AT re-enactmentevents DOT com

I am a historic reenactor that has been doing the pirate era (early 18th century) for at least the last 6 years or so... and about 14 years including other periods

Michael_banner.jpg

I would also be interested in learning more about this one. If I can't make it up north in time for the Put in Bay event this would be a good alternative for me.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Can you put me in touch with said guy in charge of tge historical area? Or get him in touch me with me at...

michael AT re-enactmentevents DOT com

I am a historic reenactor that has been doing the pirate era (early 18th century) for at least the last 6 years or so... and about 14 years including other periods

Thank you sir!! I will do that!! and sorry about the websight, I guess they are still working on it

John, honestly, there is no alternative to Put-in-Bay. Truly. You have to experience it to believe it. (As much as I love FTPI - and I do - P-i-B gained a very slight edge over it last year IMHO.)

That is a pretty choice date, though. The schedule makes It look like we'd be our own historical area. (What is a Pirate Barber Shop, I wonder? Is it a display, or a skit or what? I DO have period barbering tools in my kit as that was a function of the surgeon on a ship...)

Is that during the Ren Fair season for Trish, Shannon, Michael, SoS Boss and Bryan? Maybe we could create our own little corner of the world like we've done at some other events...

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Mission, i think it is after the run of GLMF (Great Lakes Medieval Faire) but i will have to double check. But barring conflicts i think it very possible to get an interesting array of those out this way involvec (assuming the organizers are willing to take us all on)

Nope, just checked and GLMF does overlap.... but i still think there might be a chance if theyre not working at the faire.

Re-edit: on even closer look, the Evangola thing is the same weekend as GLMF pirate themed weekend.... but one never knows...

Michael_banner.jpg

Mission, i think it is after the run of GLMF (Great Lakes Medieval Faire) but i will have to double check. But barring conflicts i think it very possible to get an interesting array of those out this way involvec (assuming the organizers are willing to take us all on)

Nope, just checked and GLMF does overlap.... but i still think there might be a chance if theyre not working at the faire.

Re-edit: on even closer look, the Evangola thing is the same weekend as GLMF pirate themed weekend.... but one never knows...

Hmm. Sounds like a stretch then. They do have their businesses to tend to and all that. Still, this could be a nice outing for those interested. (Like the old days when there was just a hand full of us.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

John, honestly, there is no alternative to Put-in-Bay. Truly. You have to experience it to believe it. (As much as I love FTPI - and I do - P-i-B gained a very slight edge over it last year IMHO.)

That is a pretty choice date, though. The schedule makes It look like we'd be our own historical area. (What is a Pirate Barber Shop, I wonder? Is it a display, or a skit or what? I DO have period barbering tools in my kit as that was a function of the surgeon on a ship...)

Is that during the Ren Fair season for Trish, Shannon, Michael, SoS Boss and Bryan? Maybe we could create our own little corner of the world like we've done at some other events...

Well to tell you the truth we just grab a kid and use a unsharpened straight razor and give him a shave as part of our demonstrations, and the problem with this year is that the man that does that's daughter is having a baby sometime around then, so if anyone could step in that role would be greatly appreciated! and believe me we wellcome all who help out and we camp at the encampment and have a good time overnight if thats at all interesting.

Edited by Jake the SeaSnake

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...