Pistols! Snaphaunce, Blunderbuss, Charleville QA style, Perrys CJS

Red John

Ahoay Mates!

I've got several flint, blackpowder pistols on offer if anyone is interested. Can send photos on request, can't manage to hang any on this site! I'm a reenactor so all these are quality, I don't suffer the cheap stuff. But it's time to let some go - I don't have time to use my 'daily shooters' let alone these 'special' ones. And gotta move soon too. So my loss your gain hopefully. All unique finds and only handled to check the actions and keep them oiled.

Finely-crafted, US hand-made, authentic snaphaunce pistol, all iron/silver mounts, true highest quality. Period 'concealed carry' pistol, but so fancy you want to show it off. Or at least I do. Never fired but ready to go. Overall length 9" or so. Really can't say enough good about this one. Good enough for a museum, but a real shooter, brand new. Asking $650 OBO.

Blunderbuss pistol with flip-bayonet, all highly polished iron with dark stained stock, lock works great, frizzen sparks great, vent not drilled, Indian manufacture but a full class higher quality than the brass-barrel, lighter stock ones seen everywhere - this is the only steel and dark stock one I've seen. Engraved triggerguard and escutcheon (ready for engraving initials, etc.) on wrist. Same size as ones seen elsewhere, just better make. Asking $425 OBO.

French Charleville Queen Anne style pistol, cavalry or navy, with belt hook, looks never fired to me but I didn't buy it new. Beautiful brass and iron, with case-hardened hammer, excellent wood-to-metal fit. Asking $400 OBO.

Reproduction CJS Perrys of London. Excellent quality, not like the other Indian makes seen out there. Great polished iron/silver mounts, engraved, grotesque mask buttcap, excellent lock action and frizzen spark. Dark stock, looks great with the high polished silver iron, not cheap like the light-color stocks out there. Vent not yet drilled, never fired. Asking $400 OBO.

Also thinking about parting with my steel blunderbuss/coach gun, dark stock, highly polished gun, perfectly matches the CJS Perry and Blunderbuss pistol above, Indian make, vent not drilled, excellent quality but I'd tune the lock if I was going to shoot it regularly. Frizzen sparks great. A bit smaller and lighter than the usual brass ones with the lighter stocks you see around - very handy! Fine enough to be a gentleman's / captain's blunderbuss! $550 or OBO.

Again, photos on request, offers entertained. All new, never fired, with possible exception of the Charleville only because I didn't buy it new - but even it looks new. All for sale elsewhere so may be gone soon. If you PM me I'll give a phone number you can call to discuss, PM with email address for photos. Paypal, MO, Check, whatever is ok, maybe trade too, could use a good period tent, camping or sea gear, other weapons, etc., just depends.

Many Thanks!

yours, aye-

John

• 1 month later...

Aye mate, sold a while back. Thanks for asking.

I haven't mastered the pictures thing for this site - I can email easy enough. The Charleville, doglock musket, and blunderbuss pistol all sold. The brass turn-barrel boxlock is still around.

Thanks aye,

John