Port Washington Pirate Festival - 2013 - Cancelled

Cheeky Actress

As of today's date....I received word of that 2013 Port Washington Pirate Fest has been CANCELLED!

"Dear Friends of the Pirate Festival please make plans to invade another port June 7, 8 & 9th, 2013. More information to follow including auctioning off Pirate Festival treasures. We are so sorry to pass along the bad news. Hopefully in the future we can find a port where we and our money are welcome. Please keep posted."

Sorry to see this happen.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

• 1 year later...

At current... this event is still 'up for sale' last I saw. Honestly I would LOVE to see another pirate fest in a different location. The Marina is very limited in space. Parking in the area is difficult. But the view was SPECTACULAR!

I have NO skill in developing an event otherwise I'd attempt to organize one.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Love to see you develop Port Washington's Pirate Festival but I get the feeling this event is now all about the money. Unless someone with deep pockets appears I doubt the event will return.

Pretty much, Jib. The price tag they are asking is rather outlandish. It would simply be wiser to hold a Pirate Festival elsewhere between Milwaukee and Chicago.

Someday... someday.

~Lady B

Will do.

Though I'd LOVE to see Bilgemunky put together a pirate fest. He was on the original board that started the Port Wash pirate fest. Oh, how so much changes.

Perhaps we should just start scouting and looking around?

~Lady B

:: nods :: MANY did. Just like a ship, a Festival takes MANY to make it work.

Someday though. Someday there will be another Pirate Fest perhaps between Milwaukee and Chicago. Maybe both places. There's a GREAT Rev War reenactment group in the area, too, that I'm certain some of it's members would be MORE than glad to partake... some of them have and have enjoyed the Pirate Fests... as did the Guild fo St Michel from Bristol. So... PLENTY of potential participants from all fronts. There just needs to be a Committee to spearhead the Fest and keep it going. Location is also key.

~Lady B

We could storm the Fort de Chartres Rendezvous coming up June 6 and 7, aye saavy?!? . . . they are 18th Century French Marine and similar folks there . . . and maybe rum and plunder too!

I hope to be there in me 18th Century Spanish gear . . . but I'd rather be a Pyrate! Aye!

Aye, it would be worth it. But... Alas, for some, it's too far. It's keeping in mind those in the Milwaukee and Chicago area who are unable to travel more than 2 hrs to an event. For those up that direction, including myself, it's a 6 hr drive. Granted gas has come down, but not enough for some people to be able to make an event over 2 hrs away.

It's a hope... that perhaps there will be another event between Chicago and Milwaukee. Until then, there's the BucCornEar Festival in September, but there is the Buccaneer Bash on that weekend in June that is in SW Michigan.

The person who "owns" Port Washington Pirate Festival is hoping to "Sell" the Festival off to someone or the City.

I'm staying optimistic.

~Lady B