Doglock Musket, All-Brass Turn-Barrel, Charleville Pistol, for Sale

Red John

Ahoay Mates!

Circumstances being what they are, I am parting with several of my period weapons. Perfect chance to get outfitted with some new iron before the pirating season gets going!

I have a brand-new Doglock Musket, straight from MVT and never fired, the one with the nice curved droop stock (called something "a vache" I think) like a French fusil and the successor to the club-butt long arms. Iron mounted, correct squared off frizzen, flat lock plate, flat buttplate. Excellent handling. Period correct for 17th-18th Century, incl. GAoP and earlier. Asking $650.

Original, not reproduction, all-brass (all brass incl. lock and barrel) boxlock turn-barrel pistol, flint, with a safety even. Excellent condition, shiny brass but not "stupid cleaned" just taken care of, barrel screws on and off perfectly, wood grip in excellent condition, feels great in the hand. Best part is it's a 'real' weapon - approx. 9" overall, with a 4.25" turn-off barrel. You don't see these in all-brass very often, and I've never seen another one with a long barrel like this one. Lock functions perfectly. Asking $700.

Reproduction Charleville pistol, excellent condition, appears never fired, model 77. Has belt hook, case hardened colours on hammer, frizzen, trigger excellent. Wood to brass to steel fit excellent. Queen Anne type internal lock. Excellent balance and handling. Best reproduction of these I've seen. Asking $425.

Will entertain offers. I haven't mastered posting photos here yet, but you can see them on GB or message me and I'll forward some. I know these aren't cheap, but they are top quality and the two reproduction ones haven't even been fired - one I know hasn't, the other sure has no sign of it. They are for sale online and locally. I'll be listing more stuff from clothes to other weapons from time to time - need to clear the decks around here! Och, if anyone is interested in a nice steel-barrel blunderbuss, with dark stock, I might part with it too. Never fired it - time to let it go.

Thanks all!

yours, aye-

John

Added a Perrys of London "CJS" model to the lot. Indian make, vent not drilled, excellent dark wood oil finished stock, way better quality than the ones with the lighter colored stocks I've seen. Of course not a custom-crafted American build that costs thousand(s), but definitely one of the best affordable reproductions I've seen Can send photos if desired. Will include a belt hook too. Lock works great, good hammer swing/travel, good trigger action. All polished steel on very dark oiled wood, very fetching. Fancy sideplate with cutouts. Engraved lock, hammer, triggerguard; metal inlay behind breech suitable for engraving your initials! Excellent Captain's quality firelock! Asking $450, will entertain offers. Added a Colt 1860 Army too, original, matching numbers, 1863 manufacture, but I doubt anyone here is interested in that one! Got these for sale locally too, so might be gone before long.

Trades might be entertained on all of these too, just let me know.

Thanks! Aye-

• 1 month later...

Perry's of London still available, along with the brass turn-barrel boxlock. Can send pictures via email - I haven't mastered posting to this site and don't have time to study it now.

Thanks mates!

yours, aye-