Recreating a corsair woman

Eva Lemos

HI friends!
I’m from Argentina and I’m trying to recreate a corsair moorish woman who lived in Al- Andalus at the first half of 14th century. Her name was Malika Fadel ben Salvador, if you know she.
I´m looking for cloth hints and hope maybe you could help me. Is there a file with details of this period?
Thank you very much.

heeh ..yahhh , Eye saw her yesterday... at the market..

Best of luck in your search for the authentic corsair moor..

Be patient..we got some good folks here that should chime in and help ye out..

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Hi Eva, this is something a few of us have been tossing around for several years. I believe in a couple of topics about the Ottoman Empire. Try searching that a see what comes up. I'll try to find those topics as well. :)

Duchess

Commodore -

What book is it that those illustrations are contained in?

Thanks!

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

HI friends!

I’m from Argentina and I’m trying to recreate a corsair moorish woman who lived in Al- Andalus at the first half of 14th century. Her name was Malika Fadel ben Salvador, if you know she.

I´m looking for cloth hints and hope maybe you could help me. Is there a file with details of this period?

Thank you very much.

Hi Eva,

Several years ago I knew some people who were focused on Al Andalus in roughly that time frame. I think they even had a group for discussions on Yahoo. Perhaps it would be worth seeing if they are still active?

Meanwhile I'll check with a friend whose interests overlapped with that time and place through her dance studies. She may know someone who has focused exactly on the area you wish to explore.

Jen

It's from a book called Recueil de cent Estampes Representant differentes Nations du Levant by Monsieur de Ferriol, first published in 1705. You can find hand-colored images by entering that title into Google Image search.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Mission... Good Man!

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

I know you gentlemen are trying to be helpful to Eva, but those pictures are essentially Turkish, the Levant is on the eastern side of the Mediterranean. She is looking for Al Andalus, which is part of Spain and has it's own characteristics.

Precisely. And Mission...what can I say. You have now become the reference librarian, the spooky one that can sense when the card file is out of sequence.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Ghostbusters-1984-ScreenShot-03.jpg

"Have you or any of your family been diagnosed schizophrenic? Mentally incompetent?"

"My uncle thought he was Saint Jerome."

"I'd call that a big yes."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG