ignore particular threads/topics?

madPete

Hey Stinky,

Is there any way to ignore a particular thread/topic?

There is one in particular that seems to come up everyday when I look at New Content and

there is no meaningful information in the thread.

thanks,

mP

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Is there any way to ignore a particular thread/topic?

There is one in particular that seems to come up everyday when I look at New Content and there is no meaningful information in the thread.

Unfortunately, there isn't a plain block out unwanted forum filter per se, however you can filter forums that you like. . . it just takes a bit set up.

On the left side of the New Content / Recent Postings page, there are several options available to help narrow down your viewing selection. By time period | Content I have not read; New since my last visit ( default ), Past 24 hours, Past week, Past 2 weeks, Past month, Past 6 months, Past year. Other; Just items I follow, Items I participated in, Items I started and Filter by forum.

So what you can do, is go to, Other; Filter by forum. Then select all the forums you want to view, thus filtering out the forums you don't want to view.

Now if the problem is more granular than that and is indeed a specific topic / thread inside of a forum. . . short of flagging and filtering every topic of interest ( which would block newly created unflagged content from showing in your Recent Posts link ), I'm going to have to dig deeper to find you an answer.

And on the topic of helping everyone to get inundated with Pub content, there should be a Follow this topic, or Unfollow this topic button in the top right corner of any thread you visit.

To manage how you follow, get updated and notified about given topic, go to the topic you want to manage. Select the Follow this topic. If you're already following the topic, select Unfollow this topic, then select Follow this topic ( again ). A prompt should appear asking how you would like to Receive information; Instantly, Only when not online, Daily or Weekly. After you've made a selection, select the Follow this topic button at the bottom of the prompt to save your choices.

Thanks Stynky. It really is one or two specific threads.

I don't like to block out forums cause then I miss new stuff.

It sounds like a lot of work to specify only what I want, so I'll just leave it alone. Thanks for the reply!

oh... and thanks for hating us all! :lol:

mP

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!