"The Unsinkable Henry Morgan" Documentery, New Doc on His Wrec

Brit.Privateer

I didn't see this posted on the site before (did a search and nothing came up). Also, if this is the wrong spot for it (or if I missed it somehow and this is a repost), moderate this as needed.

There is a new Documentary on the recently found wreck of Henry Morgan's vessel. It's called "The Unsinkable Henry Morgan":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZhfKpaCZWM

Yarggh, was a wee bit disappointed with this one, what with it turning out that it wasn't even Henry Morgans ship that they were looking at, plus not explaing what they found in the chest that they hauled up from the depths.... (my guess nothing) seems a bit like if the money wasn't put up by captain morgan rum and the movie had to be made then there wouldn't have been a movie at all!

I find the part where they're talking about Morgan's moral compass interesting. They kind of say there were only a few accounts of torture so were they real or made up? I could see a pirate spreading rumors to increase their intimidation. Morgan certainly had an intimidating reputation. As always the question is were the rumors true? I think it was princess bride that brought up an interesting idea with that if they left no survivors where do you suppose the rumors came from? Interesting to think about.

It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... is freedom. - Captain Jack Sparrow

www.siemensbottlingco.blogspot.com