Pub Logo Themes

Mission

In the spring you should make the skull's pupils a flower (like a Brady Bunch flower) and make the bg tint light yellow; in the summer, you should make the pupils suns (really dopey ones with spiky rays like an 8 year old would draw) and make the bg tint light green; and in fall you should make the pupils leaves and the tint rust colored. Either that or just leave it icicles and blue tint all year round and pretend you never saw this post.

(Personally, I don't get the tint. It doesn't make intuitive sense.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Or, keep it just as is, but get rid of the icicles and replace the snow with rain. Maybe change the blue tint to grey. That should suffice until it's time to put the icicles out again, at least in my local!

Coastie

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

In the spring you should make the skull's pupils a flower (like a Brady Bunch flower) and make the bg tint light yellow; in the summer, you should make the pupils suns (really dopey ones with spiky rays like an 8 year old would draw) . . .

Really? That is so Greatful Dead of you. . .

Actually the original idea was to theme the site, or at least the logo to holidays or the seasons but Google does such a better job.

. . .

(Personally, I don't get the tint. It doesn't make intuitive sense.)

. . . this is where I get to pretend I didn't read your post and decide not to explain myself further.

You should definitely work on themed holiday banners. Make them interactive like Google, too. But first you might want to think about fixing the emoticons.

bearsani.gif

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Damn, I just saw the logo on a different monitor and that blue tint is bright! My bad, it was meant to be subtle. I mean it's not like I don't have enough computers around here to test on.

I don't know about making it interactive. . . but I had always thought about some sort of simple, low bandwidth cost animation.

In any case I'll put that on my list along with the emoticons and the multi-player wist game.

"Ah whist," he said wistfully.

Mission_banner5.JPG

For Halloween, you could make the skull look like a decorated Day of the Dead sugar skull? Just a thought. B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I really think he should change it each day to honor every random thing that pops up on the calendar. (You know, like Google.) And it should be amusing and interactive and make us money and maybe cure cancer. Maybe.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Eye would love to see Patrick Hands CANDIE character holding flowers as a Banner for Valentines Day.

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Just for the day .. yeah ..Hell Yeah !

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

You know, I'm a little disappointed with the Google logos. They didn't even have a banner for Trafalgar Day in the UK google for the 200th anniversary! Of course, if the Pub did that, then they'd automatically be better than Google...

Coastie

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

...but somewhat harder to use for finding on-line images of Claes Oldenberg's famous abstract series of mice artwork.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Have a thread in which the board users compete and submit banners for these assorted holidays.

The winners get swag and the losers are, well... tarred and feathered or something.

Not a bad idea. . . but we'll need to seal swag from someone to give away.

Have a thread in which the board users compete and submit banners for these assorted holidays.

The winners get swag and the losers are, well... tarred and feathered or something.

I like seal swag.

gallery_19729_494_23017.gif

Edited by landlubbersanonymous

Just have the contest. Isn't being at the head of the bestest Pyrate Reenacting forum reward enough?

You should probably create some guidelines, though. Otherwise...

kellyspirate.jpg

pirate_baby-14102.jpg

1piratecat.jpg

Mission_banner5.JPG

I like the idea of submissions, just so you would have the honor of hearing, "And the winner is.........(insert your name here)!" Maybe a different one each month? But if we use Patrick's character Stinky, then do it during the summer when we can open all the windows. Remeber what effect he had on Port Royal? Nuf said. B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I like seal swag.

gallery_19729_494_23017.gif

A while back I switched from a smallish clicky network IT type keyboard to a large sluggish standard size keyboard with mushy action that makes me feel clumsier than usual.

But let's not tell anyone and blame Mission.

If I weren't so attached to my current quote, I'd put that one in my sig.

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Nah, I love my current quote. It's a favored fictional hero, INTJness and piracy combined.

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Ahoy Stynky... If we not be sailing to Greenland to hunt whale, could we loose the ice capped logo and sail for some palm trees? ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney