A New Pyrate Aboard!

Zaknesbitt

Ahoy Mates!

My name is Zak, however many of you know me as my now infamous christening of 'Master Vanilla Shake'(courtesy of the Viceroy) from the past two years I've attended Fort Taylor Pirate Invasion at Key West.

I hail from Toronto, Canada, a little cold for comfort (I'm a tropical guy at heart) and I've grown up loving the sea and pirates.

I am currently writing a series of historical novels for teens, which teach the true history of the Golden Age to my generation through a rollicking series of high-seas adventures. I have been writing these for 5 years now and have written roughly 500,000 words on it. Right now I am working on revisions of the first novel in the series in order for it to be published.

I love all things historical, and as such, I am striving to create my books as close to actual history as possible, down to the weather per day (from logbooks in the National Maritime Museum), so naturally, research is an obsession of mine... And a healthy one at that!

I look forward to swapping historical tid-bits and great discoveries with all of ye on the pub!

Fair winds and following seas, my hearties!

~Zak

That's quite an image you've picked for yourself there, Zak. ;)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Welcome aboard mate..

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Ha ha! Where the heck is the like button on this page? My favorite sketch, ever; even better than the movies.

"And here is the neighbor... Here is where he lived... And this is where Lord Langden lived who refused to be interviewed by the surgeon for his Journal... so did the gentleman who lived here... and here... and, of course, here."

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

One of my favorites as well, though I must confess, my mind did initially run toward the Pepperpots upon reading Nesbitt. Fortunately I then remembered that the husband made an even more apropos "appearance" as well.

Welcome aboard Zak! Lucky you to be in Toronto for the winter. Did you know you're in the same town as La Belle Danse, a baroque (and GAoP appropriate) dance company? What a way to improve your fencing technique! Check them out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRWUqTtMR9c&list=UUhBsUfq5mXgYWRRiRM-svkQ

Thanks Jen! I do indeed know about La Belle Danse, several friends of mine are students there and have shown me a thing or two about baroque dance. I have not yet taken lessons there though, and unfortunately (for moi), the man who runs it is moving away to Montreal, so I won't be able to. :\

However, I am part of the Toronto English Country Dancers and have enjoyed attending their bi-monhtly period balls for well on 3 years now :)

And to you all you fellow Pythoners, I always enjoyed my spot in this one:

welcome_pirate_flag.jpg

Have a swig from this bottle... about the treasure and the wenches, we'll talk later :P

I love historical fiction too, and this si why I am writing with a group a story happening in 1719 in the West Indies...

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

• 2 weeks later...