Keeping the spark going...

Grymm

Sort of a sub section of 'making fire' and smoking/clay pipes but take a look

https://lh5.ggpht.com/gWdUccrMZPxEzJ8y73RaEg72npJeOC4DB10Dw5mvUXFGzTYoYhydq6o4XPqDR4gsdk-uMJLAthRCXBAA2Rv6_0zWwAML=s0

I would post the picture but the stupid board software 'Doesn't allow that sort of image code for this community' ARSE!

If you could avert your gaze from the young lady's assets and look at the table you'll see ... stay with me here, the table, look at the table ... there's a slow match for keeping the pipes going.

Lambourne! Lambourne! Stop that man pissin' on the hedge, it's imported.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can only see the pipe and the hand holding it.

FYI, the board can only repost images that end in things like ".jpg" or ".png"

When something ends in "=a bunch of random-looking characters" that is often an indication that you don't actually have the URL for the image or you have an interactive image or some such. (This occurs with zoomable images for example. The forum cannot reproduce these correctly, so you have to find the true image ending in a valid image type. Sometimes you have to fiddle around to get to it. Or you can do a screen capture and then upload it to your gallery here on the Pub if you really want to capture it.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Aye, I only see the hand. I was truly looking forward to viewing her...ah...table. Yeah, the table. Also, to be sure, I've been using slow-match kept in my striker kit to light my pipe for years now. I couldn't find any references for doing so, it just seemed right. Now we know. I also have several "spunks" or sulfur matches, some of pitch pine and others of cedar, for lighting candles.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I would post the picture but the stupid board software 'Doesn't allow that sort of image code for this community' ARSE!

Sorry Grymm, I set up the Pub to require file extensions - it helps protect us against spoofs, virus and malware attacks.

Zoomed it out so you should get more of the pic including the young lady who has extracted her décolletage for the appreciation of her gentleman friend.

https://lh3.ggpht.co...RHuZYnp4JxfU=s0

It's called Paar dat een pijp rookt, Bernard Picart, 1706 and it's in the Rijksmuseum collection

Here's t'search homepage https://www.rijksmuseum.nl/en/search

Fantastic search feature well worth playing with, knowing the Dutch word helps but google has that covered =o)

Edited by Grymm

Lambourne! Lambourne! Stop that man pissin' on the hedge, it's imported.

My but he had a thing for men groping women's breasts, didn't he just? There are at least half a dozen similar images.

Here seems to be the base page, but it is again some sort of application or interactive thing, so I can't repost the image here. (Curiously, at the very bottom of this page, it says this is a public domain image. Very interesting. I may spend some time looking around this museum myself...)

https://www.rijksmus.../RP-P-OB-51.374

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG