FTPI Roll Call 2013

William Brand

This list is provided as a roll call throughout the year to gauge the number of attendees who are coming down to Key West to celebrate all things pyracy. The attendees will be listed by hotel, motel, rv, or tent. Attendees may be individuals or a part of any group, crew, club and reenactment encampment. The list merely reflects names and general sleeping arrangements of attendees and the list will be updated towards the end of the year with a "confirmed" status for those attendees who have secured their transportation to and from the events. There are many hotels, rv parks, and camps (both modern and historical). We would like everyone to sound off as often as they can with updates on when, where and how they will be attending in 2013. If you do not know where you will be staying, you may still be posted to this tentative list. Please send me names, tents, hotels, encampment information, etc. Groups will be listed alphabetically by crew, club or ship name.

For information on hotels, rv parks, camps or other arrangements, please see the other threads in the subforum, or post your questions here.

To save on space in the forum, I will also be including the names of the Crew, group or individual representatives who will attend the various meetings and gatherings, or follow up on any paperwork, or just for the rest of us to see 'who to talk to'. These are the best individuals to contact for information on each crew and group in attendance.

LAST UPDATED November 1, 2013 - Tentative List

Buccaneer Encampment:
Animal- Lean to

Cutter's Crew:
Commodore Cutter - Tent
Jaded Jetty - Tent

Fort Taylor Pyrates:
Haunting Lily - Tent
Edward O'Keeffe - Tent

Pirates of the Dark Rose:
"Miss" Felicity - Tent

Port Royal Buccaneers "Wretched Excess":
Smee/Misfire - Tent

Harbingers

Avery- Tent

Drake- Tent

Gin Gin- Tent

Catalina- Tent

Crew of the Mercury:

William Brand - Tent
Captain Jim - Oar House
Iron Jon - Tent
Paula - Tent
Mission - Hotel
Mad Pete - Tent

Crew of the Sacred Heart:
Momma Ratsey - Wall Tent
Poppa Ratsey - Wall Tent

Wreckers:
D B Couper - Tent
Buxom Anne Marie

Mermayde:
Hawkyns - Small wedge ent

Mary Diamond - Large A-frame Tent

Mark Longshanks- Large A-frame Tent

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I'm in. Tent, single Oar House this time (much more interesting visually; may add an awning out front). I will also endeavor to bring along family this time. Too early to tell right now. Also planning to make rope-bound blocks as a demonstration and sell them to defray costs. Now I must make more boxes and crates to hide all my civilian stuff in the open tent. And a period guitar case. And a period banjo and case/bag for it, too. And kit for a family of five. New kit for me. Finish the new pistol and case. Little boxes/jars for spices, oil and other cooking stuff. Damn, I'm behind already.

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Possible, hadn't thought of that. Make a damn big footprint, though. Bales, AKA hidden sleeping mattress. That coral keeps getting harder every year. I could make a few buckets and barrels for sale here in the shop, help "stave" off poverty.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Well I thought by a twist of fate I could make it for 2012... but a twist of fate delayed the twist until January..... so unless fate lists in a vary unexpected fashion again, I will be there for 2013. It will be minimalist tent if I arrive alive, or the wedge if wife is feeling up to the trip.

With the Mercury crew

Michael_banner.jpg

Only if someone brings another goat.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I'll be there with the same camp setup as usual and Paula will be with me. I'm also going to check on getting another wall tent and fly so we can have more room for displays or demonstrations and extra sleeping space for Mercury crew.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Well, I will not attempt to make it anymore. I so wanted this to be the year but fate foiled the plan once more. First I thought we had work and then after the election, both jobs cancelled out. Now my employer is filing bankruptcy and giving up the business so there goes my part-time work. Then last wednsday, the transmisiion did in fact break down on my truck on my way home from a substitute teaching gig. The second/reverse planetary gears dropped out. That was $1247 I wish I didn't have to spend but better to have it happen here than somewhere between Key West, FL and Warsaw, MO I guess. Sorry but I will never make it down there. Too many times I plan and have to back out. Best just to not plan at all.

Bo

Planning on it. Hoping to bring a couple of Mermayde crew with me next year.

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Are you waiting to see if there will be goat or not before adding me? Ha ha ha ha! That's great! (As if I would miss this event. You can just put me on it every year without asking.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 4 months later...

Good Sir,

Please add the following to the list:

Port Royal Buccaneers

Avery -

Drake

Gin Gin

Catalina

We shall bring our artillery and small arms again and be camping in the fort.

Thank ye kindly.

Avery

No one has heard of me because I never left any witnesses.