Anyone know anything about this picture?

Mission

I am trying to figure out something about this image - who drew it, when it was drawn, what it's called or anything to help figure where it's from. It's all over Zazzle - suggesting to me that it's a public use image - where they explain that it's a "Vintage illustration black and white pirate fairy tale story image with pirates drinking and carousing on the deck of their pirate ship." A pirate fairy tale story? Anyone?

drunken-sailors.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Wow. How ever did you find that?

Now should I buy it with the hope that Signet actually gives the title of the cover art or not? (Because I was looking through the original art from Kidnapped! this morning on archive.org and that ain't part of it.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Drinking and carousing? All sails up in a stiff breeze (note the angle of heel) half are drinking, half are fighting and half are doing both (don't question my math...). The most bizzare scene I've ever seen.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

That's a wicked cool website!

I have a feeling this image isn't as vintage as zazzle thinks it is. It definitely has a modern feel to it. However, it's also very evocative of drunken pirates in the foreground. I probably won't use it since I can't figure out its copyright status.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Tineye.com is my new favorite toy. I have a feeling it is going to save me dozens of hours. I owe you another one, Duchess.

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 1 year later...