sutler or pyrate

Silver

I received a package from Black Bear today with my order placed in early October.

Inside was a receipt with a typed statement that they have had tough times. illness, accidents etc...

It took them nearly 4 months to deliver product. They answered my 1st phone call in late November when

I expressed my concern that it would not arrive in time for FTPI. He promised my order would go out that

week. After that, every single effort to communicate with them was ignored. emails, phone calls, even a

PayPal complaint was ignored.

Only when Dutchman held their attendance at Blackbeard as leverage, did I receive my order. Hopefully

others here on the board receive theirs as well.

To be fair, I have purchased online from them in the past and been pleased with their work. I feel for their misfortunes,

but a little truthful communication would have gone a long way. There was none.

Whether you choose to purchase goods from this sutler is entirely up to your judgement.

mP

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

• 2 weeks later...

Sad to hear that this goes on with sutlers at all. Time should always be set upon making an order for any custom work and contact should be made when you go past your due date. We all have things that come up from time to time to delay our work but ignoring a customer in this day in age...well I won't go there. I have run late on work myself before and always try to get out a note or make a call to let a person know of a delay, rare to happen but it happens. I hope all your issues are resolved soon mates

Will King

Kings Forge and Muzzleloading

• 2 weeks later...

i have not received my order yet. i have talked to him on the phone several times in the last few weeks and sent him a e-mail that he requested. he says he is trying to recover from a bad stretch of misfortunes and promises to fill all orders from that period.

• 3 weeks later...

Another Rick Blizard promise unkept!!!!! I DID NOT receive my order and I tried to contact him. He will not answer my phone calls. I am wasting my time thinking I am going to get my clothing.

February 20th i talked to him on the phone, he said that he just needed to pick it up friday and asked that i send an e-mail as a reminder, which i did. waited half of next week and nothing, so i called him again, the excuse was he didn't have the correct color of material and would have to get some. so i'm on hold again.

Shipmates here are some friends who have the weather gage of Rick and Linda Blizard of Black Bear Historical Clothing. I'll try to link them in for you if it dosen't work they are at "frontierfolks.net" trading post thread. they don't mind sharing their thoughts!

htt://frontierfolk.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=&t=46465

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT FRESH HELL HAS BLACK BEAR PUT INTO MY LIFE NOW? Who ordered Black Bear's old style (exactly just like the one pictured on his website) purplish 1740's French and Indian War Linen Waistcoat with square 3/4" pewter buttons? I HAVE IT!!! I have looked at this thing from many different angles and no way in HELL could this be mistaken for The Navy Blue Linen Tradesman Waistcoat that I ordered.

I would swear he had just ripped it off the mannequin and threw in the box and sent it to me.

• 1 month later...

you know i wish i would have read this Topic earlier, i have ordered a 1730 Red Waistcoat Duck Back in May and i havent heard anything From Blackbear Clothing as well. I sent an email and got nothing. i have bought stuff there before with no problems and now this. >:(

Dutchman could you give me a hand on this issue.

D.man

2421543090_e39e11ec46.jpg

• 2 weeks later...