sutler or pyrate

Silver

Depends on the supplier. Ive been waiting for a lock I ordered for a gun that I ordered before PiP of '09.

I would imagine that you could have hand made your own lock in a lot less than 3 years Swab. What's the hold up? I don't think I would be quite as patient as you.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

how long is a resonable time to wait for a vendor to sew and ship a simple item. i paid for the item when i ordered it at an event 5mo. ago? i think i have been very patient.

I would factor in how communicative the vendor is being. IF they respond to your communications (emails, phone calls, telegraphs, flag signals), then patience will usually pay off... If they don't answer in a reasonable amount of time, and ignore you, it might be time to worry. Just remember, some folks only check their email weekly or less... So sending an email and not getting an immediate response may not be a sign of being ignored.... But if two weeks go by and you are still not hearing back....

Michael_banner.jpg

this supplier is your typical small sutler not the jas townsend size operation. i understand the amount of time in traveling from event to event and back to home to resupply for the next event, so when i order from them i figure it will take 3mo. to receive my goods. then there is the trust that you are willing to pay up front for the goods because it is to your taste and it protects the sutler from being stuck with something because you found it elsewhere or just changed your mind. i have ordered from this sutler in the past and had to make a call concering the status of my goods. i received them shortly there after and he does very good work. this time i e-mailed 2mo. ago, the reply was he was having some trouble but the order is being processed. i e-mailed last week no answer so far. now it comes to my attention that he has not honored many orders taken at that event. i placed an order at that event with another sutler there. i hadn't received it in about 3mo. so i e-mailed her she said that there was a problem with the e-mail i gave her and she had tried to contact me, she then got my order to me with-in 2wks.

Ahoy Silver -

I've hit a few speedbumps dealing with sutlers/merchants over the years. Most though are honest and have come through in the end. Communication problems and just plain old interuptions in their lives have accounted for most of the problems and delays. I think that a reasonable and accurate timetable for delivery should be established at the outset. Sometimes soon to you doesn't always mean soon to them. <_<

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

I don't know what you're waiting for, but I advise against ordering some of the medical instruments from Godwin if you aren't patient. I know someone who's been waiting two years for a spring fleam. Mine only took 9 months to receive. (Fortunately a spring fleam is a luxury in the scheme of things, so I didn't worry about it too much.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ahoy Silver -

I've hit a few speedbumps dealing with sutlers/merchants over the years. Most though are honest and have come through in the end. Communication problems and just plain old interuptions in their lives have accounted for most of the problems and delays. I think that a reasonable and accurate timetable for delivery should be established at the outset. Sometimes soon to you doesn't always mean soon to them. <_<

Jas. Hook

Mr. Hook,

As I seem to resemble your remark, Sir,

you did get all the stuff you ordered from me, didn't you? :P:D:lol:

Mr. Silver, as a Sutler who tries to get stuff done & delivered on time .... I hate to hear that others aren't as diligent. Good Luck to you ...

Mr. Cross I'm still waiting to hear from you!!

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

BE WARNED! STAND CLEAR OF "BLACK BEAR HISTORICAL CLOTHING".

Aye, that be truer than the ropes end, that be. I ordered from them August 31st, Called and placed it, the blighter said he be on schedual. But alas, he lied! When me order didn't come in, I tried to call the scurvy scum, but No replies, naught nuthin. Got an email back asking for more time he said it would ship last week never came. Very Disapointed, then to top it off, the BBB says they have good reason to think they are out of buisness..

Ahoy Silver -

Jas. Hook

Mr. Hook,

As I seem to resemble your remark, Sir,

you did get all the stuff you ordered from me, didn't you? :P:D:lol:

Mr. Silver, as a Sutler who tries to get stuff done & delivered on time .... I hate to hear that others aren't as diligent. Good Luck to you ...

Mr. Cross I'm still waiting to hear from you!!

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

What about winning an item in a raffle ( custom made weskit) and never receiving it. Been nigh on 2 years, and I gave up asking.

Bloody pirates is too good for 'em. Rum-soaked, incontinent, lick-spittle, grass-combing lubbers is what I calls someone who cheats a fellow sailor.

Edited by Capt Thighbiter

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

• 5 weeks later...

BE WARNED! STAND CLEAR OF "BLACK BEAR HISTORICAL CLOTHING".

Aye, that be truer than the ropes end, that be. I ordered from them August 31st, Called and placed it, the blighter said he be on schedual. But alas, he lied! When me order didn't come in, I tried to call the scurvy scum, but No replies, naught nuthin. Got an email back asking for more time he said it would ship last week never came. Very Disapointed, then to top it off, the BBB says they have good reason to think they are out of buisness..

STEER CLEAR! I ordered an item in October, then shortly after saw this post.

The first time I called they answered and said my order would go out the same week. Nothing ... Now they will not answer phone calls, voicemail or emails.

YE BE WARNED!

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

ahoy all,

while i can obviously make no promises- if folks would like a collective effort, please get me your name, the event (particularly blackbeard and beaufort), the date the orders were taken and what is owed to you, I'll see what I can do to help get this straight. So far, i'm counting five here and I know of three more not on the pub.

L. Silver -i'm aware of your issue, but not the exact items.

The blighter sent it to me a two weeks to the day i posted that comment, It's fine handiwork to be sure, but no note of apology, no acknowledgment of the delay, plus the buttons are not nut but in fact plastic.. All the same he sent it.. Anyone else get their goods?

That's good. seems like he is trying to fix things then.

Have not received mine, but my order was in October so a bit later than yours.

mP

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

• 2 weeks later...

The blighter sent it to me a two weeks to the day i posted that comment, It's fine handiwork to be sure, but no note of apology, no acknowledgment of the delay, plus the buttons are not nut but in fact plastic.. All the same he sent it.. Anyone else get their goods?

That's good. seems like he is trying to fix things then.

Have not received mine, but my order was in October so a bit later than yours.

mP

Blackbear contacted us earlier this week. He has been provided the names of folks that I know of who he owes merchandise to. He has agreed that these orders need to be filled and is working towards that, but could not give a time frame.

Thank you all for contacting me with your info so we can get this straightened out. While I obviously can't make any promises about his deliveries or completions we at least have some dialogue and headway now so lets see where it goes.