Secret Gift Exchange 2012

Duchess

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine arrived yesterday. A very generous pyrate santa indeed! The ground cloth was perfect as my ancient one gave up the ghost during deer camp this year. The grenado is very cool and I will have to watch over it closely, Warren has designs to fill it with powder and test it!!! The flints fit the only flinter I have left, my blunderbuss. I will never run out of buttons, and the tankard will be used with Fat Tire. Needles and sinew, goes in the leather/saddle repair box, and I put my .375 bullets for my Remington 1863 revolver in the bag. Wow what a great bunch of gifts! Thanks Santa!

Bo

Just finished my gift today-hopefully it'll make it to the post office tomorrow.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

My package arrived a few days ago, thank you for the lovely little items Secret Gift Giver!

I only had one minor "fire in the kitchen" scare playing with the flint and steel. :P

I got a reproduction deck of 1750s Playing Cards and a set of dice modeled from a pair of 1400s German dice - all very, very cool. I also got a couple good size blocks of University of Wisconsin Cheese, one Cobblestone Red and one Colby Jack - I expect to be breaking into that later on tonight. Now I could have swore there was a bar of Divine Dark Chocolate, but that seems to have disappeared after showing my girlfriend.

Thank You Pub Santa, you're Wonderful!

Thanks again Duchess for corralling us kittens and making all this happen - you're awesome!

I got a pirate CD (sorry, forgot the title/group and it's already in my car and just not worth braving the single digit temperature right now to check the name-but the few tracks I've listened to so far have been good), a hand knitted monmouth cap, a pirate coffee mug (will be well used after baby's teething starts...which is now!), some replica doubloon coins, and a Mystery of the Seas book. And it arrived perfectly on time, as we were opening presents early before heading south to visit family. Postman delivered it just as we were finishing with presents. I'll try to remember to post photos after returning next year.

Thank you!

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Hi everyone! I hope your Holiday of choice was splendid indeed! Since we're approaching the end of the year, please let me know (via a pm) if you have not yet received your gift! I'll start doing some follow upping now. :)

My gift arrived some time ago, and I opened it over the holiday.

Great Neptune's Man Nipples! What an embaressment of riches!

I was sent:

A Correct & New Chart of The World, circa 1700;

A Chart of the Isles Antiles;

A Set of period Tobacco Papers;

A Pair of Brass Dividers;

A small wooden Box inset with a coin; and,

A Leather shot/powder snake.

All, I might add, quite cleverly packed for their voyage.

Thank you Secret Santa!

Edited by Quartermaster James

Well, another week has gone by and still nothing here. I guess it's time to give up on it.

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

I should have spoke up earlier.... But I received a wonderful gift from my secret Santa back in the middle of December. I was gifted with some home made mead (which I am saving for a special occasion), a pound of some great bitter nectar of life ("Deadman's Reach" brand coffee), and a pair of glasses from a micro-brewery. Thank you so much secret Santa, your gifts are very generous and appeal to all my favourite things in life! :D

I also want to apologize as I am one of the late Santas... My gift went out today and will arrive in time for Twelth Night (or Orthodox Christmas if you prefer).

Michael_banner.jpg

I was away for the weekend and found a great gift waiting on the porch for me upon my return. I, once again, believe in Santa and I take back all those terrible things I was thinking about him. I received a beautiful handmade leather portmanteau that will definitely see lots of use for many years. Thanks Santa... (and I know who you really are now!)

Jonathan Washbourne

Me, but in my case it is expected. Customs are crowded after holidays. It can last even to the end of January. I hadn't heard if my envelope arrived, but I hope it did.

Edited by Elena

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

To Gunpowder Gertie and Duchess.I owe you both a heartfelt apologie as ii havent been home and left my responsibility of sending your packages out to another.boxes went out just not yours.again my apologies ladies.the packages will be going out in the next couple days.i will also be sending ye both tracking numbers as well.

Here at metal wackers forge.....um....well... we wack metal.

http://www.colonialseaport.org/

http://www.creweofthearchangel.com/

http://www.blackbeardscrew.org/

I thank my secret Santa Gunpowder Gertie. My husband has claimed some of the sweets (I would have shared anyway). I also received a bosun's whistle portkey and a naplin holder/ book holder with a pair of brass galleons, some chocolate dollars and a wonderful personalized card with the coin from PoTC movies.

I hope I haven;t forgotten to mention anything. Bad headache here, threatening to become a migraie at the most innopportune moment. (Having lots of preparation for tomorrow's memorial at the cemetery).

Edited by Elena

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-