Your "authentic" Pirate Kit - Pictures

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_9806.JPG

That is an awesome photo! Even if the clothes weren't interesting, the assembly of characters is. This is 2007, right?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

VERY NICE guys... very nice!

William Red Wake... I was putting him in the que to put up next.. and he beat me to it! So many great photos of him.

And, of course, there is the Capt Sterlings Crew! I am always amazed at their tireless efforts to make the hobby better!

I went to the Archangel site... to get(steal) some pictures to post here... but couldn't figure out how to steal em'... lousy pirate I make!

Keep up the good work guys!

Edited by Gentleman of Fortune

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Ah Mister March and Skittles still Archangel ...glad to see em included. Thanks gents for the kind words.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Yes, I can't say enough about the Archangel presentation standards. Amazing kit and presentation.

284956_253993734627560_5741011_n.jpg

That's a great photo.

And a few of the Forsaken

255583_468563419834486_2019036123_n.jpg

Ha ha. Billy...

532441_450948794929282_344044668_n.jpg

Pure Vermeer.

While the clothes are great (and they are), I think the photography on some of these have as much to do with their appearing period as anything. I actually sort of prefer the non-retouched and balanced photos to the artistic ones because they present the clothing rather than the art. (But that's just me being an engineer, I suppose.)

As for my fellow twins and Jack... well!

ch3_twins_jana.jpg

ch3_mae_iguana_bit2.jpg

ch4_cafe_sole_pirates.jpg

ch6_parade_gang_ready.jpg

ch6_cigar_store_indian_and_brig.jpg

And from 2007 ( :P )

mae_Jacks_Wife.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ahoy Shipmates!

I only drop by the Pyracy.com port occasionally, and one of the things I like to do is see how the state of authentic pirate re-enacting/lving history is doing. Some of you old deck hands are really plugging away at it and its impressive. Some of you new(er) folks, are standing on the shoulders of those that came before and are REALLY doing a top ship-shape job.

If I could be so bold, I'd love to have/see a thread in C-Twill for just those pictures of you guys in your "accurate", "authentic", "period correct" or whatever its called these days, pirate kits.

I know some of you aren't there yet..... BUT please post pictures of your "in progress" kits too!

YES - I know there are galleries and other threads on this site for pictures, but we usually have to sift through the pirate belly dancers, hollywierd skeleton pirates, and Jack Sparrow clones to get to the "autheticals". Not that there is anything WRONG with that stuff... the priate community is, after all, a big ol' sailing ship with plenty o' room for all types.

So... for the innaugal photo, and the picture that inspired this thread... I present somebody other than myself, as I can't seem to find any pics of me in my stuff... my avatar is all I can find.

Anyway.....

Ivan Henry... come on down, you are the next contestant on, "Man, your kit is AWESOME!"

243626_467799733232914_1370681808_o.jpg

I am humbled... Thank you so much!

ihtcbanner.jpg

AWESOME STUFF GUYS!

Really, Really, REALLY Impressed.

The hobby has come Sooooooo Far in 5 years, largely due to your love and dedication!

I have been outside of the pirate thing for a while, and didn't even know of the "Forsaken" Crew... God help us if they ever go Roving with the ArchAngel!

Billy Beach... Holy Toledo. Speechless. He could make a living going to schools impersonating Ben Gunn/Robinson Crusoe. "Pirates" have been on the curriculum for VA Beach Public schools for Decades now, and I know first hand that they have paid certain Pirate Impersonators several hundred $ to give 1 hour talks at schools. There are over 60 Elementary Schools in VA Beach (I'll let you do the math!)

Keep em Coming! You guys are inspiring me to do an update of wwww.gentlemenoffortune.com It probably hasn't changed in 3-5 years. Sigh.... where has the time gone!

PS

Any suggestions for the gof site, PM me!

Edited by Gentleman of Fortune

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

You know - 3 years ago I was a complete newbie at the GAOP era (and I'm still learning).

If these resources helped others as much as they helped me, then they are certainly measured as success.

Lots of credit goes to this forum, GOF, and numerous folks I learned from along the way, not the least of which is Mr. Bagley...

just makes me realize how much I enjoy these scalawags!

mP

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Gentleman of Fortune,

"Keep em Coming! You guys are inspiring me to do an update of wwww.gentlemenoffortune.com It probably hasn't changed in 3-5 years. Sigh.... where has the time gone!"

I'm sure all would like to see that continued, I know that I, myself would.

Anyone else?

I'd like to echo a lot of these same sentiments - Greg, you got a lot of us started on the path to documentable accuracy. It's so good to hear from you again.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Finally got the audio for Honeybadger... OK Greg, I think you're nutz!!! (in a good way!) While I see some of the similarities, (he don't give a sh!#) I hardly think anyone is "eating my scraps" as it were. I like to think I bring some things to the table along the way, but there are so many others that helped me up my game over the past few years that I am indebted to, you being one of those. Thanks for the undeserved compliment though, I reall got a kick out of it!

As for GoF website, just keep it up, it is and always will be an insipation to old hands and lubbers alike.

Bo