What would make you STOP being a pirate???

Jib

For the record, I was trying to get it back on topic and the thread author posted something that led me back OT. :P

Also for the record, I like a lot of the fantasy costumes. (I know, I know, we're in Twill.) Besides, I have long said we are probably further from being truly regular, everyday PC than we'd care to know.

I can't repeat what would make me stop being a reenactor to get us back on track again or I'll turn back into a mouse. ("Wumpledumple! Wumpledimple! Wumplestiwtskin!")

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have cut my hair, shaved the gotee, grown it all back and shaved it again, might do it all over again but stop being a PIRATE, seriously, NEVER MATEY. I got a Pirate mind and gypsy heart though. I could never give up sailing the seas and singing shantys, playing with swords, muskets, RUM and the wenches. Ah why stop something that all of us want to live but without all the hanging nonsense. I got my letter of mark as long as it is still good I am doing OK. I think this is the only impression that as you grow older you can still have fun and get a rise out of people and if you can get past the many ARRRGHH's you can have allot of fun. It is also the company you keep, do not like the crew you got, get another, there are Pirates everywhere. Also the adventures never end. So to answer your question, NO.

All other impressions fail to have this much fun in comparison.

Thomas Alleman

As a long time supporter from afar of The Mercury, and proud to fly the colors on patch and t-shirt, I'd be happy to be part of the crew, but geography and economics would keep us far apart.

I remain, however, yours in spirit.

Edited by Quartermaster James

As a long time supporter from afar of The Mercury, and proud to fly the colors on patch and t-shirt, I'd be happy to be part of the crew, but geography and economics would keep us far apart.

I remain, however, yours in spirit.

We have many good men and women who number themselves among us, having never attended an event with us. Proximity is not requisite, only favored. What we should do is bring the better part of the crew to you for an event.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

I suppose a weekend long pirate festival is a lot less full of drama compared to a renaissance faire that can last over multiple weekends. Of course perhaps you can squeeze a lot of drama into a few intense days!