weekend onboard the F.D. Crockett

Dutchman

Took the weekend off with Madam Grace and we stowed away on board the F.D. Crockett. She is a 65 ft seven log buyboat built in 1924 to haul produce and goods up and down the Chesapeake Bay. Built in Poquoson, VA we headed south to serve as the flagship for their annual worboat races. Cap'n John turned the wheel over to me as soon as we left the creek, which floored the hell out of me. Just two pictures. one of me on the wheel and the other in the rack. yeah, plush accomodations. We made home in the cargo hold for the weekend!

2012-09-299507-41-2095542.jpg

2012-09-309507-36-1495963.jpg

i had worked the night before and we were on board by five thirty. we were under way as soon as we could see the first channel marker. The redball was rising as we headed into it. A slight swell, a rebuilt 1930's diesel burping away- man I was done. Chugged along at a steady seven knots. We had a bit of fog and some squalls as we crossed the mouth of the York, otherwise a smooth ride. If you look at the details in the top pic, the wheel and spot light handle are original (as well as engine controls which are out of view) the compass is a 1934 naval surplus.

Dutch -

Neat trip! ;)

How is the Deltaville recovery coming?

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

ahoy hook,

ya really need to get yerself down here and see! The insurance is being worked out. looks like a whole new building instead of a rebuild- which is what is needed. the attitude of the museum and community is great. they are looking forward to luna being moved over once we get her keel bolted back on. The parts of the old town railway have been resurrected and installation will begin this fall hopefully.

Dutch-

It be on the list of trips to make, perhaps in 1713.

Any piraticial events planned in the future?

Jas. Hook. ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

ah shipmates,

the next venture is always just around the corner. check out www.blackbeardscrew.org for upcoming pirate events. If you're ever this way and want to stop in, just call ahead. no worries. Sundays are workdays on Luna and we can always justify a trip to williamsburg any ole time.