Real Pirates Exhibit - Milwaukee Public Muesuem December 2012

Cheeky Actress

Real Pirates will soon make their way to Milwaukee's lakeshore this December (December 14, 2012 - offical roll out date).

The Milwaukee Public Museum on December 14, 2012, as Real Pirates takes over the Museum’s special exhibit halls. Experience the Golden Age of Piracy aboard the Whydah, one of the most successful pirate ships of her day, and learn about her roots as a slave ship and subsequent takeover and conversion into a pirate ship in the early 1700s.

One of the most technologically advanced vessels of her day, the Whydah was captured on her maiden voyage by legendary pirate Sam Bellamy and his crew. After a few alterations and a quick hoist of the Jolly Roger, the Whydah became the flagship of Bellamy's flotilla, leading raids throughout Caribbean waters and up the Atlantic coastline.

On April 26, 1717, the perfect storm put an end to the Whydah's sailing days, and she sank with most of her crew aboard—as well as the bounty from more than 50 captured ships. Almost 300 years later, underwater explorer Barry Clifford and his team managed to locate the wreck of the Whydah and painstakingly unearthed her treasures from the ocean floor, making her the first fully authenticated pirate ship ever to be discovered in U.S. waters.

Organized by National Geographic and Arts and Exhibitions International, Real Pirates examines the history of rich Caribbean trade routes during the 18th century and the link between the slave trade and piracy. You'll encounter compelling true stories of those who lived aboard the Whydah and learn about the forces that shaped their world.

http://www.mpm.edu/pirates/

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Happy "Talk Like A Pirate" Day to All of you! And in keeping with the situation...The Forsaken is helping with the promotion of the "Real Pirate" exhibit for the Milwaukee Public Museum. The Exhibit starts December 14, 2012! Click on the Link and watch Bess an Rats do what they do best...entertain the lot of you!

http://www.jsonline.com/multimedia/video/?bcpid=13960334001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAGgk8Us~,dLqgruaIT6p0-bOvkmnTqxgp_tjv2Dsg&bctid=1849441473001

Member of "The Forsaken"

Ahoy thar Lass -

A most happy Talk Like A Pirate Day back to ye, M'lady.

Pretty neat museum advertisement clip. Well done!

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

great video guys! the exhibit is great. I was fortunate enough to spend the duration of her Norfolk visit on board portraying Capt. Bellamy his self. Mr. Merryweather, the younger, was a dead ringer for the John King Nat'l Geo depicted. I do have to admit I still have dreams with the background music from the various galleries stuck in me head. "There are three types of sailors... those that are living, those that are dead... and those that go over da sea!"

great video guys! the exhibit is great. I was fortunate enough to spend the duration of her Norfolk visit on board portraying Capt. Bellamy his self. Mr. Merryweather, the younger, was a dead ringer for the John King Nat'l Geo depicted. I do have to admit I still have dreams with the background music from the various galleries stuck in me head. "There are three types of sailors... those that are living, those that are dead... and those that go over da sea!"

Thank you Dutchie! We are looking forward to the Museum's roll out events for this wonderful exhibit. The Museum has some great ideas plan...I fear that we all may be a victim of the 'background music" soon enough. Parts are being worked on as we speak...I cannot wait to see the public's expression when the see this exhibit!

Member of "The Forsaken"

• 1 month later...

Real Pirate Gala - Milwaukee Public Museum - Real Pirates Exhibit

Fabulous time was had by all at the The 26th Annual Friends of the Milwaukee Public Museum Gala, Pirates of the Museum. For those of you who attended....a big thank-you. The museum was hoping for 500 in attendance that evening...but yielded 600! A very excited staff and CEO met with us along with Bounding Main that evening. We appreciate you community support everyone. Hope to see some of you at the Halloween Bash November 3rd!

Member of "The Forsaken"