Any other Ohioians?

Isabella

I was born and raised in Ohio and have been to the fest in the past...

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

Well, come on out for the Faire this year. :) Hubby and I are planning on being there more this year, since we didn't get to go at all last year.

I'm about an hour from the Faire itself, and I can offer up help if you want to make a weekend of it, and get a hotel near it. The hotels near where we live in Cincy tend to be cheap also. If we end up buying a house in the near future I can always offer floor, if you aren't allergic to cats. :)

Ye will have to keep me informed on yer faire and me wife and I can try to make it out thar!

When is it this year?

Capt. BLACK SKOT

"Permit me aboard and I'll be takin yer ship!"

"Don't permit me abourd and I'll still be takin yer ship!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aye! Another representative here o' the Heartland! I've been te th' Ohio Renny twice (stay CLEAR the pirate sword shop, ladies, no matter how appealing it may seem!) an' it's a wonderful time. 'Specially lovers' weekend, if ye get a chance ter go. If I'm correct, they may be havin' a pirate's weekend next year. It'd be great to shove on out and scare the livin' daylights out o' all those lil' knights....

Somethin' else to check out would be Dagorhir at www.dagorhir.com

They're decidedly Tolkeinist, but you can have a team of pirates and if you're feeling especially black-hearted, ye can gang up on all the pretty-boy elven teams! ....Look up a branch near you. I'm playing Rivendell with the Mad Scotsmen, but we're regestering like 4 different teams, one of which is pirates, so if you live close enough lemmie know and I'll give ye some info.

"Oh, never, never, never again,

If I live to be a hundred or a hundred and ten.

I fell to the ground and I couldn't get up

After drinking a pint of the Johnny Jump Up."

~"Johnny Jump Up" -Gaelic Storm

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."

-Sigmund Freud (on the Irish)

• 2 months later...

I just moved to the Dayton area and was actually lookin' for some information on the Ohio Ren Fair! And here is an excellent thread just waitin' fer me. I would love to attend this year and I'm lookin' to make some costumes fer it. How is the fair here? I've only ever been to the Minnesota one and that were quite a while ago.

Pyrate M

-Miranda Smythe-

Owner and Proprietor of The Flying Jib, a bar for the more questionable Seawitch and Wizard.

Fictional Bric-a-Brac

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I'll be there but probably not as Rigger. I've had a special request to appear as Stritch the Troll (a recuring character of mine when I perform at Great Lakes Medieval Faire). Keep a weather eye out for a six+ foot tall, big pointy eared, behorned, green shirt and lottsa leather wearin' troll.