Surf's Up!

sutlerjon

To all the South and South Western Florida friends ..... make a bowl o' rum punch and settle in for a bit of a blow!!

To everybody in the Keys, loosen the storm moorings and fuel the generators.

Southwest Friends, I think y'all will be OK, just put the TV up on blocks and break out the sandbags ...

Those of us in Central Florida ..... no real excitement just business as usual ..... a few squall lines -n- feeder bands.

Looks like L. A.* & the Panhandle are gonna take the brunt of this one.

Above all be safe and take care of yourselves.

Probably makes Mr. Redwake happy that he's in the mountains for once.

*Lower Alabama

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

Ready to batten the hatches here in Myakka (east of Sarasota). I won't put the storm shutters up for a TS or feeder bands, but I still remember Charlie. Hurricanes sometimes do unexpected things. Getting gas today, testing the generators, charging up batteries. Getting more rhum, and limes, just in case.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Actually there are a couple pirates (not sure if they are on the pub) that are closer than I am (marathon). However, to give you an idea of how the keys operate during a storm I just dropped my wife off at work (subway) and am watching the storm in a friend/employers house.

id.jpg

I'm ready to head to work now, too.

Just saw the weather channael and it looks like the thing will get just past the Keys as a tropical storm and then "wind up" in the Gulf heading for LA or MS & AL ..... batten down on the upper Gulf Coast!!

Swab ,,, your boat's in Florida Bay, right? The wind will push out all the water and you'll be aground ?!?

Hurricane Party in the Keys ..... be safe you guys.

Cap'n Jim the pic you posted looks like a bowl of spaghetti .... we've already had a little band come over us in Western Polk County this morn ..... most likely be drivin' home in squally crap tonite on the way home from "Fantasy Land".

Magic Kingdom has "extra magic hours" til 1 am in the morn! Business as usual!

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

I am in N Central FL and have opened my home to friends who live in mobile homes. Figure a brick house on 12 acres with a 100ft deep Swiftmud flood canal butting up to the back yard is safer than a Trailer in Tampa/St. Pete. Have plenty of Hurricane Lamps, a large grill [with a freezer full of meat], and plenty of floor space. If the storms are bad, we are safe,...if the storms are minimal, we all had a BBQ and shared time together,....