I really fell down last year and failed to get my meager contributions mailed. The stuff got buried under a pile of other stuff and forgotten until the event was past. :(

This year it is my mission not only to deliver the items in a timely manner, but to be there for the first time, and see this through. At any rate, I have scored a really cool chest from a flea market and have already begun the alterations and filling it with plunder. I will attempt to get a photo of it up sometime before the event. Are we up for another round of DMC donations this year?

Bo

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder to everyone about the Dead Man's Chest auction. If you have pirate items you would like to donate you can mail them down early, so that you don't have to fly with them. We'll be selling them to fellow pirates to raise money for Fort Taylor, and it doesn't hurt to see Chrispy get crazy.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

So far, I have a chest from my flea-market score (modified by me also), black-iron lock & keys to go with it, a pair of nice gallon rum kegs on a stand (pictured here on the Pub awhile back), a couple of steel strikers from my forge, some brass tow-worms and vent picks as those found in the Whydah wreckage, a pipe pouch with pipe and small coal tongs, and a couple of other junky-lookin' things I make on the forge when I get the urge. There's stil a couple months to go and I love the flea markets!!!

Bo

• 2 weeks later...

I am having to switch my travel plans from renting a vehicle to trusting my ol' GMC truck to make the journey in. While that means I'll have plenty of room for stuff, I worry about breakdown along the way. It's a long haul from the middle of Missourah to Key West. I'd like to ship the DMC and other items ahead of time in case the worst happens and I don't get there. Who wants to be the responsible party on that end? PM me with shipping adress and I'll be wrapping it up and send it mid-November.

Bo