I've this pair of leather boots for years. Over time they've gotten wet a few times getting on and off the ship and the boots have begun to sag pretty badly. Any ideas on how to keep me leather boots erect? I don't want to be walking around with saggy leather flopping around.

Thank you for your help in advance

Capn Antonio Malasses

It's been said "Never Trust a Skinny Chef" I say "Never Trust a Sober Pirate"

Mal -

Google 'stiffen leather' it comes up with a few suggestions that might work for you.

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Well, of the responses that give suggestions and the ones that say "You're screwed," I would think the suggestions might be the best way to go. ;)

I tried the search and one of the top suggestions was via eHow. They've usually been helpful to me for other, similar questions, although I can't personally vouch for that particular suggestion since I've never tried it.

I think part of the problem with getting responses to this here is that a lot of us don't wear boots because they're not considered PC.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Any ideas on how to keep me leather boots erect? I don't want to be walking around with saggy leather flopping around.

Thank you for your help in advance

Capn Antonio Malasses

.........They have pills for that problem !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Garters is a good idea. It's probably your easiest solution if you have bucket boots.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Aye Friend, garters is good! Jas Townsend has the leather ones, period correct, along with G. Gedney and most other 18th Cent sutlers. You might want to think about putting a stitch or two in them to attach them to your boots where you want them - that way you don't lose track of them, which can be easy to do. My current bucket boots actually had leather garters already attached when I got them, just for this reason!

All the Best Mate,

aye-

Edited by Red John