The 6th Annual Michigan Pirate Festival - August 2012

Cheeky Actress

http://www.michiganpiratefestival.com/

Pirate Fest 2012 is scheduled for the week of August 6-12.

The weekday activities will be held at Loutit District Library and throughout the downtown Grand Haven area. The weekend activities will be held at Harbor Island and the downtown Grand Haven area.

We are exited for 2012!

A lot of new changes are going to be happening, which will open our opportunities to make Michigan Pirate Festival in Grand Haven, MI a completely unique event! We are looking for vendors, historical encampments and living historians to set up a booth/tent space for the weekend.

"Pirates Through The Ages"

Our theme this year will encompass pirates throughout the ages, including pirates of fantasy and fiction. Piracy is deeply embedded into our culture and history in ways most people don't even realize! Our goal this year is to have displays of pirates and their friends/foes from fictional books & movies (Peter Pan, Pirates of the Caribbean, space pirates, etc.). The other side of the camp will display pirates and those involved with them in real history, including Vikings, Buccaneers, Golden Age Pirates, Revolutionary War, etc.

Here are the groups we will be displaying:

• Ancient Pirates (before 1100) Medieval Pirates & Buccaneers (1100 - 1500)
  • Golden Age Pirates (1500 - 1700) Colonial Pirates (1700 - 1850)
  • Pre-Industrial Pirates (1850 - 1900) Steampunk (fictional alternate 1850 - 1945)
  • Fiction/Fantasy (from books/movies)

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Oh, yes, I'm going to that. So are Mark and Jenny Gist, M.A. d'Dogge (and brother Billie I think) and Trish and Shannon Gallatin. There may be others, but those are the ones I know.

How can I pass on an event that's on an island in Lake Michigan in my home state! They're really trying to push for more PC reenactor involvement this year. I've been tempted to go to this in the past, but skipped because it never looked like a PC event. (Going in my PC surgeon persona to an event primarily filled with fantasy pirates results in me being called a pilgrim or a colonialist a lot.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Yes a very fun event was had..hopefully by all.

We have tons of pics to share and to be honest, it would take a couple hours to post them all, especially since it appears we can only post one at a time...What's up with that by the way?....However they are posted on the Forsaken site if interested.

I will however see if it's possible to load in bulk???

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

I know Stynky has working on the photo gallery lately. Send him a message and ask him about it..

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG