Santa Maria 2012 Surgeon's Journal

Mission

The Surgeon's Journal for the Santa Maria May edition is finished. You can view it via the link:

http://www.piratesurgeon.com/pages/col12spring/ch1.htm

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

A great, humorous, account of the event for those who could not attend, did attend but did not get to see everything, or like myself, attended but can't remember that much. Nice to see other peoples perspectives through story and pictures.

D.B. Couper

That whole sequence came to me in the middle of the night and I decided to write it down before going back to sleep.

In a way, meeting you colored the rest of my reenacting career. I was never really sure I would do more than that one event before then. :)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

That whole sequence came to me in the middle of the night and I decided to write it down before going back to sleep.

In a way, meeting you colored the rest of my reenacting career. I was never really sure I would do more than that one event before then. :)

I use the following anecdote all the time when people are at events for the first time.

I remember a moment at the beginning of that event when nothing in particular was going on and you were sitting at a picnic bench with an introspective look, so I asked, 'What do you think of all this? Think you'll do it again?"

You just smiled a little and after a long pause you said, "Ask me again when the weekend is over."

Soo...four days later I found you sitting at one of the tables again and nothing was going on at the moment and I asked, "So, what do you think of all this?"

After an equally long pause, you admitted that until that moment you weren't sure you'd be the kind of person to do this sort of thing, but how you were now convinced you'd be doing it for a long time. It was an understatement of course, seeing as how you've been to nearly 10 times the number of events I've attended.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Mission,

Bosun Carl's mate here...........I loved your journal, this is the first time I read the whole thing instead of Carl regailing me with quips and quotes! I enjoyed it very much. I have a favor to ask though. Being Carl's wife and AJ's mother, I always beg for photos of events, since I don't get to go, so that I can make scrapbooks for them of all of their adventures. However, my boys rarely if ever operate a camera. So I love all of the photos you had of the event with them in them or not. Could I prevail upon you to send them to me via email or a link where I can download them or possibly pay you for mailing me a disc of said photos? It would truly mean much to all of us! I am begging anyone with photos to let me know they have them if they are willing to share! Thanks so very much!

Glad you enjoyed your first full reading!

You can right-click on the photos in the Journal and select 'Save Image As...' to copy them out of the Journal. Many of them were taken from other people's albums - whom I credit under each photo - and you can find those albums on Facebook if you friend those people. (The original photos are much larger than the ones I use in the Journal. I have to scale all the photos I use down to about 200 and 300 pixels high to make them fit. Those are the ones I have saved, but they are quite small when printed out, so sending them to you may not be all that helpful. You'd be better to go to the original sources, even if it means setting up a FB account just for that purpose.) I do have some of my original-sized photo in my Surgeon's Journal Facebook Fan Page, which anyone on FB can access.

One excellent album - as in better than the rest of all our photos combined - which you do not need FB to access is DB Couper's Santa Maria 2012 Picassa Page.

Mission_banner5.JPG