Here's what ai could find....google.....

Here's the full announcement:

From the award-winning creator of “Luther,” Neil Cross, and successful producing team of Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald (“Gladiator,” “Men in Black,” “The Ring”) comes an extraordinary action-adventure series “Crossbones” -- with an unexpected moral center where one can't be sure whether the pirates or the British crown are the villains.

Ten episodes of “Crossbones” have been ordered and production will begin in the fall.

The announcement was made today by Robert Greenblatt, Chairman, NBC Entertainment.

It’s 1715 on the Bahamian island of New Providence, the first functioning democracy in the Americas, where the diabolical pirate Edward Teach, aka Blackbeard, reigns over a rogue nation of thieves, outlaws and miscreant sailors. Part shantytown, part marauder’s paradise, this is a place like no other on earth – and a mounting threat to international commerce.

To gain control of this fearsome society, Tom Lowe, a highly skilled undercover assassin, is sent to the pirates’ haven to take down the brilliant and charismatic Blackbeard. But the closer Lowe gets, the more he finds that his quest is not so simple. Lowe can’t help but admire the political ideals of Blackbeard, whose thirst for knowledge knows no bounds – and no law. But Lowe is not the only danger to Blackbeard’s rule. He is a man with many villainous rivals and one great weakness – a passionately driven woman whom he cannot deny.

Parkes and MacDonald serve as executive producers. Cross will write and also executive-produce the series. Ted Gold (“Three Rivers”) also is an executive producer. The series will be produced by Parkes/MacDonald Productions; Georgeville Television (GVTV), Reliance Entertainment/Motion Picture Capital's new TV Studio; and Universal Television.

'Til the Morrow,
Cap'n Bloody Sam Rackham
Captain o' The Cursed Few
Co Organizer o' The Southern Pirate Festival
Ship's Carpenter o' The Atlanta Pirates & Wenches Guild

Member of Order of Leviathan 2nd Generation

Hummmm... when's the call for extras???????????? :rolleyes:

Jas. Hook ^_^

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

I have also heard of a series on Stars network by Michael Bay entitled "Black Sails". Finally something I might want to watch on the small screen!

• 3 months later...

With fall TV season right around the corner you'd think we'd hear more on these new TV shows. Unless they plan to release them in Feb to replace other series that have fallen away...

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Eye order it along time ago but the format was European and wold not play in my DVD player ..

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Oderless Eye-

If ye have a computer, try it there. Sometimes ye can get them to work there. Usually they make ye pick yer region, so they can make sure to get ye restricted on the copyrights, but sometimes a laptop or whatever will still play an out-of-region disc, or give ye a few tries before ye have ta pick. And I don't know, but I'm guessing there's probably some bootleg app out there that will let you do it anyway.

All the Best Mate-