The worst/ best pirate documentary

So what are your opinions about pirate documentaries?

I think the best is blackbeard Real Pirate of the Caribbean or also known as blackbead terror at sea :lol: . While there is tiny tiny errors it is by far the best documentary of pirates made yet. Although makers were fallen in typical inaccuracies like: cavalry boots, sailor pigtails,Some weapons are from later time, popular version of Blackbeard’s pirate flag, too common earrings and I think that some of those big belts and harnesses are somewhat Hollywood-stylish. But it is the most accurate I have seen yet.

Worst I think is HISTORY CHANNEL's True Caribbean Pirates. :unsure:

So many errors that you can never say how many them there is in this documentary like 19th century schooners, Caplock muskets. :wacko: Boucaniers with tricorn hats in around 1620-1660 (tricorn hats weren’t invented until late 1660s onwards), 18th century redcoats in 1650s, Napoleonic era swords and Lots of “Howard Pyleism” and “hollywoodism” and worst of all bad acting and costumes are not only stupid looking but they looks like that they had been in laundry not that buccaneers or pirates would use after jungle journey or workday on ship. :rolleyes:

Edited by Swashbuckler 1700

"I have not yet Begun To Fight!"
John Paul Jones

flag-christopher-condent.gif

I have to agree with Blackbeard, i wish A&E would do more like that. Although not a documentary I have to say the Mythbusters Pirate shows were the worse.

Indeed mythbusters were bad. Usually their show is ok but pirate stuff was no good. :unsure: What is A&E?

Edited by Swashbuckler 1700

"I have not yet Begun To Fight!"
John Paul Jones

flag-christopher-condent.gif