FTPI Roll Call 2012

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still in, but will have to trust my ol' GMC truck. Rentals are just too darn expensive. I cannot justify the expense of renting when I could make a major repair to my high-milage vehicle if it became necessary. That does mean I can pack a lot of shhhh.. errr, ummm, stuff though. Do I need to bring all me canvas? The Monster Wedge and fly I had at DeChartres in June 2011? In case of breakdown though, maybe better not rely on my tentage. The ol' rig is over 220K . Dunno, whaddya think?

Bo

I say that you baby that truck, though I'd love to see you haul a bunch of Missouri cedar walking sticks.

Done.

I just put brand new tires all around, the mechanic shop is going to give her a complete check-up when I take her in for annual transmission and radiator flush & fill. She still runs out smooth and the fuel pump was replaced in the spring, so I'm gonna cast-off and let the winds blow where they will.

Bo

Let me know when you plan to hit the Florida line. Anytime you run into trouble after that, I'll come get you berfore I head south. I'm leaving the Sarasota area Wednesday night. If you get to Florida before that and run into trouble, I'll come get you. So I'll get south a little late, I'll be Pyratin' the whole time.

Say, is there anyone north of me to tag off and see to it that Bo gets there? We'll do this in relay if needed.

Damn. New idea. What if we all check in as we move south, forming a sort of wave of support? I don't really know how this would work (so, OK, I've got a little rhum going here.) A phone tree maybe. Someone may be asked to backtrack some mileage or wait an hour (or so) but we could put a plan in place. A collective wave, picking up members as we go along. We're gonna form a convoy! An Armada! We could so scare the crap out of the Highway Patrol!

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

fwit, Bo, the 'angels are traveling in caravan mostly down the east coast. We are leaving from VA late Wednesday afternoon/early evening and driving straight through, picking up members along the way down. I honestly don't know if it would be worth your meeting up with us some where, it may not prove to be the most direct route for you, but you are more than welcome to do so...traveling in a pack would at least give you some safety in the idea that someone would be around that could at least get ye off the road and to the neareast gas station to find help if worse came to worst... just a thought, if interested message me.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Thankee all. I have a High-School friend in Holmes Beach, on Santa Maria Island on the Gulf Coast of FL too. If needed I'll give my cell # to any of the crew that wants it, just shoot me a PM. It's been a good ol' truck and I probably shouldn't even worry about it.

Bo

fwit, Bo, the 'angels are traveling in caravan mostly down the east coast. We are leaving from VA late Wednesday afternoon/early evening and driving straight through, picking up members along the way down...

I'm just off I-95 about 6 hours north of Key West. I'd like to join up with your caravan on the way down. I'll have an extra seat in the car and room in the trailer if anyone further south needs a ride or help with transporting equipment.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Hey Jon, would you be willing to bring the surgeon's gear with you? It's in a wooden box with handles that weighs about 70 pounds. I would mail it down to you via UPS. If you have room and don't mind Scarlett Jai wouldn't have to worry about it.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

No problem. I'll PM you with my address.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

fwit, Bo, the 'angels are traveling in caravan mostly down the east coast. We are leaving from VA late Wednesday afternoon/early evening and driving straight through, picking up members along the way down...

I'm just off I-95 about 6 hours north of Key West. I'd like to join up with your caravan on the way down. I'll have an extra seat in the car and room in the trailer if anyone further south needs a ride or help with transporting equipment.

By all means Iron Jon, we would be most honoured to have yer company. I shall send along a pm with information that should be of assistance in this endeavor...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Registration forms for the Fort Taylor Pyrate Invasion are due by tomorrow. If you haven't sent in your forms yet, please get them in asap. One form is necessary for each individual. If you are planning on attending or participating in any event inside Fort Taylor both during the day and for after hours activities, please take a few minutes to fill out this form and return it to me at lilyalexander@frontiernet.net or via fax to (877) 643-3874.

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/docs/ftpi_volunteer_registration_form_12.doc

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/