Ahoy

CandyCotton

Hi....

If I seem a little timid it's because I'm just a bit intimidated... << is that useing an alternate form of a word to describe itself? nvm

You guys are like, serious pirate people and I'm just kind of a silly fangirl. I'm almost afraid to admit that I'm drawn here because of I love the PoTC movies. I've done a little research and I guess I'm totally a fantasy pirate type. I'm sure that in a few years or so I'll be at pirate events wearing whatever I can put together that looks vaugely piratey and engineering my own wardrobe malfunctions.

But I'm interested in hisorical pirates too although it was my Dad that told me even if I love fantasy pirates I should learn about the real ones. He's kind of a history buff

anyways hello

10912765.jpg

Ahoy, CottonCandy -

Ye be most welcomed aboard here, lass.

It be a splendid place to learn, question and develop ye persona.

Aye, and smart man ye Dad be. Plays the fantasy but knows the truth says I.

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

The forum ebbs and flows as far as history and movies go. Actually it sort of depends on who is posting what - lately it's been focused more on history because it gives us all something to argue about discuss. However, the Pyracy Pop forum is all about fantasy pirates and movies. Feel free to wade in and start a topic there and you may shift the trend a bit. ;)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

That is a nice, large event for getting a look at historical pirates.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Welcome Aboard,

As long as you don’t take any of this or anyone here ( especially Mission ) too seriously, I’m sure you’ll do yourself just fine.

Whether your interests are fixed on a historical period in time or you just want to make a new costume for Halloween – the Pyracy Pub is open everybody.

And if you find that someone be ruffling yar feathers, send a PM / Personal Message to the forum Moderator and they’ll help work it out for ya.

Welcome Aboard,

As long as you don’t take any of this or anyone here ( especially Mission ) too seriously, I’m sure you’ll do yourself just fine.

Whether your interests are fixed on a historical period in time or you just want to make a new costume for Halloween – the Pyracy Pub is open everybody.

And if you find that someone be ruffling yar feathers, send a PM / Personal Message to the forum Moderator and they’ll help work it out for ya.

*giggles* I'm usually the one ruffling feathers

Thanks again, everyone

10912765.jpg

It sounds as if your dad needs to become a pirate reenactor. (Does he like rum?)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Arrrrgh, keep a weather eye on the horizon and look for the green flash... if'n when you sees it the Green Lantern has arrived.

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Yer plenty welcome here lass.

I will be one of the ones to say there are those of us who are serious and those of us who are fanboys. But most of us I believe would be more of a blend of both. When time calls for it, I am historically accurate. But most of the time I am a historically accurate-ish pirate. Looking into historical examples help flavor my act.

smythesig-2.jpg