Port Washington Pirate Festival, June 1-3 2012

Jib

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping to try for it, however, it's looking unlikely as my course during that three week period is rapidly filling up. Not that I'm complaining too much. :P

Are you teaching these days, then? Gunsmithing? Physics? Trolling?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

You and me both. She is elusive.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I am elusive? I always tell people which events I'm attending. Port Washington is even within driving distance, but I have the impression I would fade into the background in my garb. (If I were to go, I'd probably just bring the hat and wear street clothes.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Of course!

Nah, I always feel a bit out of place at an event that focuses mostly on fantasy garb. As my journals rather jokingly reference, when I do get noticed while amongst the non-PC I get called things like "colonial boy," "Quaker Oats Man" and "revolutionary war guy." It makes me self-conscious. I can do self-conscious without any added assistance (or knee pants.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

we ...... the Forsaken .....shall be in attendance again this year with our Tavern, Tyburns Last Drop....on top of the Hill

Mission, if you ever wanted to attend and set up round our Tavern, im sure we can help out with getting "NOTICEd" while still staying within more historical guidlines.....as you may recall...we have a tendency to get loud...HA!

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

You guys are going?

Just out of curiosity, would this really be a surgeon set-up type event or not? I have the impression that it's more of party-style than living history.

Mission_banner5.JPG

correct on the partystyle.....but we still set up like we do for the Put-in-Bay.....Guild of St Michael and another group also attend to lend some HISTORY and EDUCATION to the event.....then we ourselves join the Festivities

no camping allowed tho, it a straight up HOTEL event.

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

See Mission you have plenty to do! I'd be willing to help you if you wanted to act out pulling a tooth or some type of common surgery for a little demo. Fake blood, screams, the whole thing.

I am an entertainer after all!

It will be nice to meet so many of you!