I can not change my photo/ icon

So that is the prob... I can put new image but it does not appear in my posts or profile. I would understand that it make take a while but i changed my photo days ago.... I understand that there is so many problems here that no one can fix them easily but just letting you know... So this is not so serious so don't need to hurry ;)

"I have not yet Begun To Fight!"
John Paul Jones

flag-christopher-condent.gif

It probably worked when you did it, but you needed to clear your cache.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

. . .new image. . .does not appear in my posts or profile. I . . . changed my photo days ago. . .I understand that there is so many problems here that no one can fix them easily. . .
Perhaps... Do you like my new photo? ;)

Swashbuckler,

All of your images look great!

I would like to think that everything worked as it should on your first attempt - the Pub doesn't have any major technical problems that I'm aware of. . .

It can take a few minutes for the webservers and database to sync up with each other and ( to Mission's point ) sometimes it's just a matter of clearing one's browser cache. In any case the results of uploading or replacing one's Avatar User Images should be rather instantaneous.

Just FYI, I had the same problem when I changed to this latest image and clearing the cache solved it. So I think the Pub is fine on that front.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

. . .new image. . .does not appear in my posts or profile. I . . . changed my photo days ago. . .I understand that there is so many problems here that no one can fix them easily. . .
Perhaps... Do you like my new photo? ;)

Swashbuckler,

All of your images look great!

I would like to think that everything worked as it should on your first attempt - the Pub doesn't have any major technical problems that I'm aware of. . .

It can take a few minutes for the webservers and database to sync up with each other and ( to Mission's point ) sometimes it's just a matter of clearing one's browser cache. In any case the results of uploading or replacing one's Avatar User Images should be rather instantaneous.

Mission is rigth and there is not major probs here :lol::D^_^

John Paul Jones

It's a fine photo. Legos, huh? I got interested in pirates because of the Zap! action models of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Maybe they don't have it in Finland.

Mission_banner5.JPG

It's a fine photo. Legos, huh? I got interested in pirates because of the Zap! action models of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

'

Pirates life for me!

(I never been in that ride :( (yet ;)))

never been on that ride? how can you call yourself a pirate?

Pirate? Nay. Privateer. It is a Sanctioned mission, under your authority and the protection of the Crown.

Edited by Swashbuckler 1700

John Paul Jones

'

Pirates life for me!

(I never been in that ride :( (yet ;)))

never been on that ride? how can you call yourself a pirate?

Pirate? Nay. Privateer. It is a Sanctioned mission, under your authority and the protection of the Crown.

Well how can you call Mission a Pyrate then!?!

Sorry, but I'm actually poking fun at Mission. . .

How can I clear my cache?

It depends on what web browser you are using.

But before proceeding, make sure that you know your login information and passwords for accounts you may have stored in your browser.

In Firefox, go to the Tools pull down menu and select Clear Recent History. A requestor box will pop up, click on the Clear Now button - I have everything selected.

For Internet Explorer, go to the Tools pull down menu and select Internet Options. Now select the General tab from the requester pop up, go to the Browser history section and select the Delete button. A secondary requester pop up will appear, select various options and click on that Delete button – again I have everything selected.

Beware: that clearing everything from your cache will likely delete your login and password information for any accounts stored by your browser – so make sure you know all of your login information and passwords.

How can I clear my cache?

It depends on what web browser you are using.

But before proceeding, make sure that you know your login information and passwords for accounts you may have stored in your browser.

In Firefox, go to the Tools pull down menu and select Clear Recent History. A requestor box will pop up, click on the Clear Now button - I have everything selected.

For Internet Explorer, go to the Tools pull down menu and select Internet Options. Now select the General tab from the requester pop up, go to the Browser history section and select the Delete button. A secondary requester pop up will appear, select various options and click on that Delete button – again I have everything selected.

Beware: that clearing everything from your cache will likely delete your login and password information for any accounts stored by your browser – so make sure you know all of your login information and passwords.

ok

I have once succeeded to schance my photo without doing that perhaps I can do it now.....

John Paul Jones

I think this is the same issue you were having before. Your computer stores information about a webpage to speed the loading. One of the things it stored was your profile picture. Clear the cache and it will be fine. Your cropped image is what appears for me on this page.