mr.bungle ,,"too many captains just a first mate here....."

mrbungle

hello.

new guy here, i have been wanting to do a pirate costume for awhile, finally got around to it. i am basing my look on the first mates from the POTC but being careful about buying things to make it as historically accurate as possible. a lot of the things in those movie are not accurate. so stylized accurate???

i mainly go to sci-fi conventions. and love doing historically costumes to give the trekkies a hard time. but i am member of the 501st legion a starwars costume group. even at these cons, most pirates you see are captains so that is why i am making a first mate.

got my slops and my buckle shoes.......and everything else but still waiting on a few items to finish the costume.

the only thing i have that is not period is my light dragoon flintlock. but i also have a queen anne. hope to buy a doglock later this year.

oh and i have one good eye so i have a legit reason to wear an eyepatch, made mine from an old wooden spoon and a leather tie.

Part of the 501st? who do you go as? good to see other 501st!

cap'n sin i troop as ROTJ SE boba fett with the alabama garrison.

bloody sam, i have meet you too, then....

• 1 month later...

here is a couple of pics of my first attempt.

ordered new hat... and i am going to ditch said wig. the eye patch is honest since i only have one eye that works!! the costume needs alot more weathering.

i have buckle shoes!!@!!!!! buckle shoes and slops is where it's at!! i wish slops would come back in style.........

005-96.jpg

001-129.jpg

The best way to weather an outfit is to attend lots of events. B)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

ordered new hat... and i am going to ditch said wig. the eye patch is honest since i only have one eye that works!! the costume needs alot more weathering.

005-96.jpg

You need to go to an event where the temperature exceeds 100 degrees in the shade. A good event with rain, mud, and filth will put a kit right in a matter of days. And sign up for a cannon crew. That will get the white right out of a shirt in no time. And trip from time to time. Just stop watching where you're going and you'll weather the elbows and knees of your kit in nothing flat. And never use a napkin when you can wipe your greasy hands on your clothes.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

i wish slops would come back in style.........

What!!! :o Today their louder colors and called board shorts. :D

Kit looks great. Just add a neckerchief.

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

If you don't like your hat, you might consider getting yourself a tricorn - that will fit in nicely both at Renfaires and historical events. The wig doesn't look too bad in those photos. Although I'll bet it would get hot an itchy after awhile.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

never mind, since captains aren't welcome here.

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/