Sons of Guns Fires a Blunderbuss

oderlesseye

Cannon powder is significantly coarser than Fg. Fg is typically used for bores larger than 10 gauge.

I have little to no experience when it come to cannons, so obviously I don't know what I'm talking about here. Though I believe the guys I've chatted up at events use 1F and 2F, depending on the gun and powder availability - but then again we're not doing live fire and launching a payload isn't an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a kit. The one leaning on the powder can is a finished one. Those are Ed Rayl barrels, by the way, the best, most graceful made. And they can be had in brass for this kit.

I WANT ONE!

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I was told (have not seen it myself) that they used one of my photographs in the episode. Can anyone confirm? Apparently this one:

blunderbuss_12_steel_prod_small.jpg

I've only watched bits of that episode a few times and I don’t recall seeing your image.

But it does seem to be a on permanent run cycle - I’ll try to DDR / record it.

I was told (have not seen it myself) that they used one of my photographs in the episode. Can anyone confirm? Apparently this one:

blunderbuss_12_steel_prod_small.jpg

gallery_19384_488_96782.png

gallery_19384_488_282489.png

Ivan, if I'm not mistaken these both look like images from your site. . . converted to grayscale with your site name and copyright cut off of course.

Artistically speaking, they should have done sepia.

YEp - that's them. Discovery asked me for permission, but didn't tell me what for. Thanks for sharing, I'll have to try to watch it. I am humbled though that my piers recognized my photography / branding even without credit given. Thanks guys for sharing these!

• 2 months later...

I've shot 2F in both my flintlock and snaphance, it's a bit too course - I've always thought of it more as cannon powder. Given your piece though, the caliber and payload - it's totally understandable.

I think most of us here shoot 3F. Except for special cases, I don't think most of us use wadding during reenactments – makes a mess of the field and can become a potential projectile.

Just for the record, I'd like to reiterate what Mr. Stinky of the Tudor has said about wadding. It really becomes a safety issue especially with large charges. The last thing you want is a paper spitball shooting into a crowd.

I will however admit that we have used cream of wheat and florest foam for percussion pistols during civil war and wild west reenactments. Of coarse this envolves the safety percautions and staging/safety angles for the wild west events. We are however using light loads and the foam and wheat dissipate immediately.

Edited by Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!