Seeking Coat

Ahoy friends, I am seeking a Royal British Navy Officers / George Washington type coat, late 1700's esque, preferably used. I am Medium 40 ish. Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Thank you!

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

• 3 months later...

Aye Mate, if you haven't found one yet, there's an outfit selling regimental Continental line frock coats that are like $200 on eBay and look to be quite good. Not HMRN specification, but if you take off little hearts on the turn-backs - and don't turn them back - you're pretty darn close - and you're dead-on for the GW look if you get one with the right colour turn-backs (buff or white, not red). But G. Gedney Godwin sells an actual Naval coat - undress and maybe dress too - that should be spot-on, although it costs a little more.

All the Best-

yours, aye,

-John

Edited by Red John

Depends on your budget. I have connections to two seamstresses that are phenomenal and extensively experienced in the stage and screen work that will make you one for around $300 new, maybe a little less.

One may be able to work you into the schedule within a month or two, but the other has at least a 4 month wait, she is that good. :) Do keep in mind these are well made for sure and will last longer than some because in your work, well the sun will eat coats right off. I have another good friend who bought one for 300 off etsy some maybe 3 years ago and it ate his coat off in less than 3 years, more like 2. These will last longer than that or their makers will certainly see to them, that I will personally attend to.

I will have a look round and an eye out ( grin) for ye some others and some used also. B)

Keep to the code, Mates...