Neanderthal Pyrates?

hitman

Hummmm... using the "But we can identify ancient Neanderthal presence through the distinctive Mousterian stone tools that they left behind, which have been found on the coastal Greek islands..."

What if a stone tool or two was picked up at an ancient campsite by a coastal trader seeking ballast in 800 BC and moved as ship's ballast to be off loaded on an offshore island and this same event occurred again in 200 AD moving one of these stone tools to yet another isle would the existance of two stones on different islands prove a migration pattern???

Jas. Hook :unsure:

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Jas i had the same thought though I would hope the archeologists involved would have factored in things such as location, placement, and potential site corruption. The article is rather brief as I pulled it from IO9 and I'd imagine the original paper would go further Into such details but I wasn't in the mood to look into it.

Peglegstrick I agree hate to cross em.

Edited by hitman

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

Love the idea of Neanderthal Pirates...........the idea sends shivers dowm me spine! They would had to have been a fearsome bunch.....

Hey this could give Oderlesseye an idea for his next production...

Attack of the Neanderthal Pirates or maybe Blackbeard in Time

Jas. Hook ;)

Edited by Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Love the idea of Neanderthal Pirates...........the idea sends shivers dowm me spine! They would had to have been a fearsome bunch.....

Hey this could give Oderlesseye an idea for his next production...

Attack of the Neanderthal Pirates or maybe Blackbeard in Time

Jas. Hook ;)

I love it! Oderlesseye how about it?

• 3 weeks later...

Takin' off me pirate hat and puttin' on me flintknapper's leather gloves for a minute...I suppose it would depend on just how far inland the artifact was...I can see the...umm...point (cough), but if the ballast was dumped just offshore, that might not account for its presence up the hills, as it were.

Of course, what with glaciation and sea levels being lower, many of those islands may have been connected.

Gloves off and Ishi Stick down now...

Hummmm... using the "But we can identify ancient Neanderthal presence through the distinctive Mousterian stone tools that they left behind, which have been found on the coastal Greek islands..."

What if a stone tool or two was picked up at an ancient campsite by a coastal trader seeking ballast in 800 BC and moved as ship's ballast to be off loaded on an offshore island and this same event occurred again in 200 AD moving one of these stone tools to yet another isle would the existance of two stones on different islands prove a migration pattern???

Jas. Hook :unsure:

Damn, thats sharp!