As You May Have Noticed

Stynky Tudor

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm kind of confused. When I logged on, I got a message an error occurred. But I'm logged on in spite of the error message. Sigh.

I have actually seen that one before. It's intermittent, though. (Those are the worst sort of bugs...)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

When I tried to log on the other day I ended up on a moderators instruction page. I learned all the inner secrets on avoiding trolls.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

There's a moderator's instruction page?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yep, a list of instruction on dealing with petty arguments, off topic posts, trolls, and other stuff, along with witty comments posted in red under each bullet point written by someone else.

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Hm. Sounds kind of like the mod guidelines I wrote several years ago... I wonder where it is? I can't find it.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Yes, I thought it was written in your style. It was in a parent directory that opened up when I logged in. This was while Stynky was updating the site the other day. It was the only thing in the directory (actually it was the only thing on the site for me that day!). Come to think of it, I probably could have went in and really messed up the inner workings of the Pub...

Jonathan Washbourne

Come to think of it, I probably could have went in and really messed up the inner workings of the Pub...

gallery_19729_494_14968.jpg

"I'll thank you to stay your interest in the management of my inn...

and mind you stay that knife too."

(I hope the pub's background color/graphics don't change any time soon. lol)

Edited by landlubbersanonymous

Hm. Sounds kind of like the mod guidelines I wrote several years ago... I wonder where it is? I can't find it.
Yes, I thought it was written in your style. It was in a parent directory that opened up when I logged in. This was while Stynky was updating the site the other day. It was the only thing in the directory (actually it was the only thing on the site for me that day!). Come to think of it, I probably could have went in and really messed up the inner workings of the Pub...

I believe that this is the document that Iron John is talking about. . .

PyracyModeratorArticles

I believe it’s an intermediate conversation Mission and I were having about the need for Moderator Guidelines – the red text are my comments to his draft.

The file you accessed was in the Pyracy.com root directory along with a couple public directories. One contained images from Rogues Gallery and the other contained signature images - you were ( or should have been ) locked out of everything else. . . at least I was on my other test computer.

Wow. That's quite a bit different than what we finally agreed upon, although the concepts are essentially the same.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Well, I'm kind of confused. When I logged on, I got a message an error occurred. But I'm logged on in spite of the error message. Sigh.

As annoying as this Error Message is - it's important to mention them.

Though right now I'm prone to write it off as an annoying but simple hiccup – I suspect it’s a momentary lapse syncing authorization keys. . .or we could blame it on Mission just because.

In any case, I’ll check the error logs and see if I can find out anything.

Wow. That's quite a bit different than what we finally agreed upon, although the concepts are essentially the same.

Like most art, not to mention the Pub - I like seeing the progression of process.

It just makes everything that much more cool.

Though right now I'm prone to write it off as an annoying but simple hiccup – I suspect it’s a momentary lapse syncing authorization keys. . .or we could blame it on Mission just because.

Yes, I have wide shoulders.

I suspected a momentary hiccup as well, which is why I never mentioned it when it happened to me.

Mission_banner5.JPG

In any case, I’ll check the error logs and see if I can find out anything.

Well, Mission isn't the only one who's had it happen and ignored it, this is perhaps the third time for me, maybe? Once, I'll ignore as I might have messed up, twice, well, I still might have done something dumb and I'll be extra careful next time, a third time, though, and it looks like a trend. Considering I'm one of those people programmers dislike because the errors always show up for them, I tend to wait a bit first. ;)

Well, Mission isn't the only one who's had it happen and ignored it, this is perhaps the third time for me, maybe? Once, I'll ignore as I might have messed up, twice, well, I still might have done something dumb and I'll be extra careful next time, a third time, though, and it looks like a trend. Considering I'm one of those people programmers dislike because the errors always show up for them, I tend to wait a bit first. ;)

jendobyns,

I went through our logs and found the related errors - it's looks to have happened a lot.

I'm currently looking for the cause and a fix.

Please continue to post in this thread every time you have an error.

• 2 weeks later...

(I hope the pub's background color/graphics don't change any time soon. lol)

DOH!

Oh come on, they haven't really changed. . . not really - they've just been shuffled around a bit.

:::clearing throat:::

"Riiiight"

Alright, we did do the nose, and the hat, but. . .

It took me a minute before I figured out what you were going on about, but now I see the various images we've posted that had a specific background color. . . that we don't, um ah, use anymore.

It took me a minute before I figured out what you were going on about, but now I see the various images we've posted that had a specific background color. . . that we don't, um ah, use anymore.

It is rather frustrating Stynky. I mean, the only real reason we initially signed on to the forum was to use it as medium to demonstrate our work in interior design. That, and perhaps garner a few recipes for cooking with bacon. I'm simply at a loss for words to describe the disappointment that our family has to deal with now. It's literally shaken us to the core.

Edited by landlubbersanonymous

• 1 month later...