As You May Have Noticed

Stynky Tudor

As some of you may have noticed, the Pub has been on and offline recently - I apologize.

After months ( if not longer ) of wrestling with legacy software issues, I finally broke down, wiped the system clean and basically did a fresh reinstall.

Needless to say it hasn’t gone as smooth as I would have liked, but it rarely does when weeding out bad code and unneeded directories that are still referenced by the messageboard software we use.

If anyone has any problems please let me know.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The skull is still missing. Are you doing away with the post count avatars?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Looks like you also had to reset it in such a way that we lost some posts - those after the first crash or reset. (I'm not complaining, just noting it before others start complaining about missing posts.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

No, we're not doing away with the post count icons.

I just got sort of tired getting everything to work and neglected to upload the backup copies.

. . . let me start a pot of coffee and I'll track them down.

Looks like you also had to reset it in such a way that we lost some posts - those after the first crash or reset. (I'm not complaining, just noting it before others start complaining about missing posts.)

That's entirely possible - all I can do is explain and apologize.

The clean up process was plagued on all fronts. Hardware crashes, software crashes, and partial reinstalls forced me back about 8 hours to find a clean / uncorrupted version of the Database.

No, we're not doing away with the post count icons.

I just got sort of tired getting everything to work and neglected to upload the backup copies.

. . . let me start a pot of coffee and I'll track them down.

No rush. Honestly. B) The skull thing is just something I think is funny. (There's no accounting for one's sense of humor.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Messaging doesn't seem to be working. I got email notices that I have messages, but no messages exist.

Mission_banner5.JPG

The calender module may be broken as well.

Mission_banner5.JPG

birthday announcements aren't working either
Messaging doesn't seem to be working. I got email notices that I have messages, but no messages exist.
The calender module may be broken as well.

Alright you Big Babies, The birthday and calendar announcements stem from the same module, at least I believe they're the same module. Anyway, it seemed that no matter how much I tried to fix it - it was buggy. So I uninstalled the module and then reinstalled it. I wouldn't be surprised if previously posted event information was lost in the process.

I haven't a clue about the emails being sent about messages that don't exist - I can only assume that the web server must be haunted.

The reinstall killed my father.

No Luke, I am your Father.

As some of you may have noticed, the Pub has been on and offline recently - I apologize.

After months ( if not longer ) of wrestling with legacy software issues, I finally broke down, wiped the system clean and basically did a fresh reinstall.

Needless to say it hasn’t gone as smooth as I would have liked, but it rarely does when weeding out bad code and unneeded directories that are still referenced by the messageboard software we use.

If anyone has any problems please let me know.

Where would we be without you?

The reinstall killed my father.

No Luke, I am your Father.

http://community.flixster.com/blog/luke-i-am-your-father-movie-misquotes

:P

Mission_banner5.JPG

Who quoted what, exactly? (Even if he quoted it incorrectly.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Hey, you finally changed the regular member color so it can be read against a black background! And you re-enabled the ability to see the recently logged on members again. Cool. B)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Rounded corners is one of those idiotic web trends to which I refuse to bow on my web site. It's like the move towards jelly-bean cars in the 80s. (We still haven't managed to shake that one off entirely.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

It's a fad. Bring back my skull instead of fooling around with rounded corners.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Hey Stynky... just take-a deep breath, a swig O rum, and remember.....

The stupid computer may be able to beat you at chess.....

but your goinna beat th' snot outta it at Kick Boxing......

Hey Stynky... just take-a deep breath, a swig O rum, and remember.....

The stupid computer may be able to beat you at chess.....

but your goinna beat th' snot outta it at Kick Boxing......

Damnit, I want to Kick Box the Snot out of it Now!