Military History Fest (or ReEnactor Fest 8)

theM.A.dDogge

Another small step in the Legitamising of the "Pirates" as a recognised entity within the ReEnactor Society circles was reached this weekend when our group the Forsaken: Pyrates-Privateers-Pyrate Hunters earned the spot of 2nd overall in HISTORICAL GROUP ENCAMPMENTS at MILITARY HISTORY FEST 8 (previously the ReEnactor Fest 8) in Chicago...the competition was feirce with each group putting forth their very best for Dioramas.

maybe it was just all the Free Rum we passed out...!?!?!

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Congratulations and well done, mates! Can we get some pictures of the encampment/diorama? Did they let you camp there, y'know, t' get the smell right? :D

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

heres another view of the Gibbet (while looking into another groups diorama).....we had another of the PIN-Up Girls stuck in the Cage.....the Group behind us STILL say they had the best View! (AND have officially requested to be behind us agian..!?!?)

166948_250149038392704_100001928292997_553288_335849370_n.jpg

419443_357648174259345_157561807601317_1263195_705067225_n.jpg

once we "fleshed" it out with about 10 bodies of Pyrates, seamen and local Tavern goers seeking trade negotiations.....as well as a few "bad pyrates" being set an EXAMPLE of......

The intresting part for us, and the most fullfilling.....was the fact that most of the Audience wernt your typical " I LOVE aLL Pirates" Fare....it was the DIE-HARD History Fanatics.....tough crowd....but some of the deepset Discussions with Audience we had gotten into in a very long time....not just WHAT happend and When.....but the WHY's behind most of it...and the direct Consequences to OUr United States Today as a direct result of that tremultuous time!!!

overall...i believe we opened quite a few eyes at the importance of "playin' pyrate"........hopefully this will open a few more doors down the road for us all

Congratulations and well done, mates! Can we get some pictures of the encampment/diorama? Did they let you camp there, y'know, t' get the smell right? :D

HA! ask Sterling!......i dont think Billie and I have EVER been accused of NOT smelling the Part!!! :wacko:

and nope...twas a "HOTEL" event....no sleepin over in the encampents....this year anyway!

Edited by M.A.d'Dogge

.....we had another of the PIN-Up Girls stuck in the Cage.....the Group behind us STILL say they had the best View!

Seems to me like Billie's tryin' to get the best view in both of those pin up gal pictures there!

Just sayin'...

Edited by Iron Jon

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Twas a grand event...and thank you, Billie and everyone else who gathered around and made it happen!

397039_355041067853343_100000423596726_1155958_1290219469_n.jpg

Tis another view....of the Tavern.....Tyburn's Last Drop.....we only had a 20x20 spot to work from.....complete with a working GIBBET that we gave "RIDES" to the wee ones....ok...and some of the Pin -Up Girls as well....ahem

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

• 4 months later...

Yes this was a lit of fun! And though the rev war guys won...(and rightly so, IMHO!) as the Mad Dog barked, it was a tough crowd! But I will also say that the gibbit and the stocks made this the best display we've had..

But the truth be told, this isn't just a pretty pretty for the inside of a convention hall, by rather what we set up and live in for events!

By God, Tyburns Last Drop has withstood heavy rains and Port Washington tornados... of which we had as much fun during the storm as during the main event itself!

But as far as the convention, there was great people and it was a great event!

Even with a strutting peacock like Mad Dog being there!

Edited by Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!