WANTED! Rugs

LadyBarbossa

I be wanting some Persian rugs or rugs that have that persian look to them. I want the worn, the old, torn, filthy, etc sort of persian rugs... the ones that are just tossed into the dumpster instead of sold or restored. I saw on a home remodeling show an awesome persian area rug that was torn and worn that was just... tossed out! I nearly cried!

So, if anyone sees a pathetic looking persian rug, let me know. If there is a cost to it, no really willing to pay more than $25 for it. After all... it'll be used for the encampments, on the ground... dust, dirt, mud, grass, etc.

Thanks.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Lady B -

Just some thoughts...

Check curbsides the night before bulk pickup day, check upscale neighborhoods first.

Chat with the collection driver/helper that services your area. A six-pack might get you a 10'x12'. ^_^

Post a (shudder) :wacko: wanted poster in local supermarket or launderomat.

Check with a local rug merchant for remnants.

There is much written in novels regarding captain's quarters floor being decorated with painted canvas, checks mostly but a compass rose might do very nicely.

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Check thrift stores too. I "Lucked Out" and found one at the Goodwill. Saying you want an old Persian rug, cheap, is like saying you want a ten dollar gold piece, cheap. I did buy some new ones (relatively cheap) at the flea market. With a little aging and a couple of good (dusty/muddy) encampments they will look old. I may have to use Mr Hook's idea and add a canvas (painters drop cloth) painted with a compass rose.

D.B. Couper

Aye, am planning to do canvas as well. And aye, keeping m' eyes wide open for them. Haven't had much luck... yet. Once in a while, I look on craigslist... funny... I found one that was way off in another state. I didn't know of anyone to go pick it up, that was the issue.

Thanks for the hints, already been doing them. Reaching out to m' Brethren to keep their eyes wide open. ;)

Hmmm... what about tarred canvas for rugs. Aye? That most likely ye think?

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

We just bought a nice looking rug with that old Persian type look, 7'3" X 5'4". We paid $27 brand new at the Big Lots store. This one went in our living room but I'm going back when tax refund arrives to get a couple more for our tents.

At Menards or Lowes you can get real flaxen linen painters drop cloths very reasonable. A 9' X 12' is $18, they have other sizes too but I cannot remember off-hand. If you wash them in hot water they draw-up nice and tight, just dry them outside though, not in a dryer or they may unravel. The hems are less than well done but easily fixed at home.

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.