Norcal 2012

Captain McCool

Hey folks! I sort of dug up the 2011 Norcal thread at first, but I figured since my questions were related to the 2012 Northern California Pirate Festival, and there doesn't seem to be a dedicated thread for that event just yet, I should probably start one.

Ant any rate, does anyone know anything about Norcal for 2012? I'm pretty much looking for any info on it I can find, but I'm specifically interested in where to look for information about vending. Looks like the website hasn't been updated for quite a while, and I'm not finding much other info around the web. Do they have a vendor application form at all? Or is it something we just have to contact the vendor coordinator about?

I know it's quite a way off still, but I also know the festival is bloody HUGE, so I wanted to get a jump on it so I don't miss my chance. And furthermore, I figured this could be a good early-start thread for folks who are planning to be there to sound off and let others know they're going.

Edited by Captain McCool

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Ahoy McCool!

I found this:

http://www.visitvall...x.php?event=198

it has information about 2012. I know the NorCal site isn't usually updated til a lot closer to the event.

And- I'm comin' off my knee surgery- but I made sure the Doc understood I need drive to NorCal in June..that's dedication fer ye!

So- I'll finally see yer ugly mug in person! Aye?

Edited by Gunpowder Gertie
BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

Nonsense! You can never start talking about these things too early.

I mean, I'm just starting to make plans for this year and I'm already falling behind.

As someone who attends events on both coasts - I would really like to know the scoop sooner rather than later. . . or at least have it available.

Excellent! And yes, Gertie, I'm dead-set on getting down there this year, and hoping against hope that nothing will get in my way... erm... again. This time around the plan is for me and the lass to bring down a bunch of stock and set up a Castaway Trading Co. booth at the festival for the weekend. We really want to start getting into the circuit and putting our products out there a bit so as to give the ol' business a bit more visibility. I'm pretty excited!

I'm sure I'll run into you when I'm there, and I'll finally be able to buy you a round, or otherwise do something to show appreciation for all the help and friendliness you've shown me :)

But at any rate, right now I'm mostly concerned with vending info, so I suppose I should try contacting them. I want to make sure the fees are reasonable for us, etc. before I make any commitments on that front, because we're kinda' trying to plan our year for the company as soon as possible. Right now, the two "must hit" events of the year, for me at least, are the Norcal festival, and Pirates in Paradise.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

well if ya wanna know about other faires around the same time i would be happy to give ya some dates and places, Norcal is Jammed packed with crowds -it is one of my favorite faires for pyracy, but is pretty commercialized, but it is a fun faire -lots of brotherhood pirates here. its a really fun event, i dont recommend the pirate ball, it was pretty unorganized last year, but lots of traders selling there wares, parking gets full very early, its a free event for the public, and its located directly across from the ferry terminal in Vallejo, California. I hear Vending is quite expensive to help cover the faires expenses.Talk to robin (acts of pyracy facebook page) or on my facebook under piratetrader@charter.net he is a vendor there and can guide you to the right person. Past events here i experienced windburn, and it can get pretty hot here, so take plenty of water with ya.i will be there in 6 months also, be looking for you matey.i live in Reno Nevada -if you plan on driving via I-80 yer welcome to follow me there on friday, or if ya needs a lay over let me know.maybe i can help with that also. corey

Edited by PLUNDERING PYLOS PARKER

Thanks a million for all the info mate! Very good to know! And if we do in fact take that route, I'll be sure to hit you up!

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 2 months later...

Nice! While it looks like vending is straight out for me, I'm still planning to attend!

-Captain Jack Sparrow

We are considering NorCal as one event in a longer vacation to California. This would be my first event west of the Mississippi.

I had planned to go to this event last year, but somebody conned me into 100 degree heat and 90+ humidity at Ft DeChartres instead. And again almost to Beaufort NC in August.

So what's the weather at NorCal lookin like this year William... Hot and Humid? Please give me advance notice if ye plan on Ft Taylor, I might just take a nice vacation in the Arctic.

BTW - that's about as close to West of the Missisippi as you can get without actually being there (Ft DeChartre I mean).Talk about walkin the thin line...

Anyhoo - hope ye have a blast there, just not in the cards this year. Say hi to the Seven Seas group for me.

mP

Edited by madPete

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Google the weather in Vallejo Ca. Normally it is any whare for 60 at night to 80 in the day during the festival..

It can get windy at times. However that is not a big deal at this event.. Eye am putting on a show from the Tales encampment

for kids. Adults in garb will be encouraged to be apart of this too. The Skit Eye am producing is posted on the Tales site on Face Book.

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

AVAST Capt'n Orderlesseye! I Can See NorCal Upon Th' Horizon! - UNFURL TH' T'GALLENT, MAN THEM LINES! HOIST THAT JIB! IT BE A ROVEN' WE GO NOW!!

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• 1 month later...

Well, I just blew out the transmission on my car, and am also looking at possibly moving sometime in June or July, so once again, looks like NorCal is out for me. I am somewhat less than thrilled :(

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 3 weeks later...